Tripped Dreams | Teen Ink

Tripped Dreams

August 3, 2011
By Vareesha12 ELITE, Troy, Michigan
Vareesha12 ELITE, Troy, Michigan
130 articles 0 photos 9 comments

I’m going to a classroom with my friends. Apparently, I have a boyfriend. I don’t even remember his name, I am not sure if he even had a name. And though he was nice and chill, and the kiss was pleasant, there were no fireworks. And the entire time I was thinking about someone else, and the irony of it all. And we were on a trip to somewhere, somewhere nice, a field trip. What a drive, felt like racing cars. But it was a trap. It wasn’t an airport, something more sinister instead. We’re all separated. Trying to find the bathroom, I see you. You go by another name, but it’s you. I’d know you anywhere. Your face, your eyes. And there’s others, others who’ve been brainwashed, changed. One of the girls, she’s yours. I think, I’m pretty sure. It’s a mental asylum, or one of so. I rush to my friends, trying to save him. Where’s my boyfriend? I can’t find him anywhere. They’re chasing me, they know I know. My teacher is gone; my friends are nowhere to be found. I’m slipping, the steps are too steep. It’s a slide and they’re at the bottom. But I keep going, and I reach HER. Evil in her eyes and we fight. Somehow I win, and I’m happy. My boyfriend kisses me, but I can’t help but remember that boy who can’t remember, who is unable to be saved.