Love From a Glance | Teen Ink

Love From a Glance

By Kaitlyn Kitta BRONZE, Merritt Island, Florida
Kaitlyn Kitta BRONZE, Merritt Island, Florida

On the first day of kindergarten, a little girl about five years old instantly fell head over heels for a boy that she spotted halfway across the playground who was playing chase with a few others. For years on end, from that first day of kindergarten through the present day, she never stopped liking him. At such a young age, there was no definition of love, just the simple knowledge of always liking him. That young girl soon grew up and gained the courage to talk to the boy whom she had liked for so long. She hoped that maybe something would arise from their constant socializing; after all she had been living for most of her life, nine years, full of this sensational never ending wanting for him that she couldn’t shake.

What is love? Love is a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person, a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep fondness, and a sexual passion or desire, according to literal terms. But love does not have a right or wrong definition; it is interpreted in various ways, and therefore has an ongoing description of itself. Love is never ending, love is a force of nature that we cannot command, demand, or fade. Loves comes in various arrays, and no one feeling of love is the same as another. We cannot dictate how, when, and where love expresses itself, it’s a spontaneous sensation that arouses from within and is triggered by something that catches our heart. Love speaks to our heart and brain telling us what is good and what is bad, and when true love actually exists.

When love is first found, it expresses why you love someone. For instance the way your significant other treats you like a first priority or how he or she wants to include you in every single aspect of their life. Some express love in describable ways, but others meanings are vaguer and full of multiple implications such as how it never ends through the easy and difficult times that life throws your way. Love is like the air we breathe, we cannot live without it, and it’s always needed.

Love can be discovered wherever and however it chooses. Love is an unconstrained concept that just happens when destiny meets opportunity. Love can occur at age five, fifteen, or even at fifty five. Love grows as time passes by, just as people grow. It has no time limit because it never terminates. Only when “death do us part” does love diminish, but often not even then.

The words of “I love you” that roll across your lover’s tongue can make your heart skip a few beats. It may start out as something like, “Do you want to be on my team?” and evolve into “Do you want to go out with me?” but it all contains the same concept and is expressed in different ways.

I was that five year old little girl who wasn’t able to get that little boy out of my head for years. And to this day I still can’t because I love him and he loves me back. To think, what if I never even saw his adorable self, my life would be completely changed because most of every decision I ever made revolved around him.
Love can develop over the years or it can simply be found at a glance.

In_Love_with_Writing GOLD, Easton, Pennsylvania

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

This was really good. I liked how you went in depth of the definition of love. It was really enlightening and very sweet to read. Good job!