iLoved Her | Teen Ink

iLoved Her

By aladine_98 SILVER, Hemet, California
aladine_98 SILVER, Hemet, California

Just by looking at me, you may not believe I’m capable of love. But I am: I loved her.

I loved the way she brought me everywhere. School, jogging, shopping, studying, it didn’t matter. I was always there by her side, inseparable. She had me in the palm of her hand.

I played music for her. Anything she wanted, whenever she wanted it. Sometimes she would sing along, and that made me very happy. She never sang in front of anyone else, but that was the way I liked it.

On the rare occasion, she would dance to my melody. Those were the best times, because then I got to hear her bright laughter, and see that stunning smile. She would say, It’s such a catchy beat, and I would think, It’s my heartbeat.

Then there were some days when she felt sad, or down. She held me close as I lulled her to sleep. My voice was her only comfort in the darkness. I was her shield, her escape from the world for a while.

She always spoke of meeting that one person. The one who would stop her tears, the one who would think she was beautiful, the one who would accept her for who she was. The one who would love her. And I wanted to say, I’m right here. Right here in front of you. But I never did.

Too bad I didn’t have arms, because I wanted to hold her tight. Too bad I couldn’t speak, because I wanted to make her smile. Too bad I couldn’t play an instrument, because I would serenade her all day long. Too bad I was only her iPod.

This is actually a love story from an inanimate object's point of view.: a girl's iPod. It's almost like an extended personification. I've come across this concept before, and it inspired me to think of my own. Hope you enjoy.

mereCat PLATINUM, Horsham, Other

"I am finally colouring inside the lines I live between"

I have read all your work but I have to say that this one is the best. I love the creativity; my friend told me about a poem she wrote from the point of view of a heater and I thought it sounded a bit wierd but this is brilliant! I haven't been on Teen Ink long but your work is the best I've seen so far - your poetry is so beautiful, thoughtful and readable whereas mine always feels somehow awkward. I am jealous beyond belief!

GuardianoftheStars GOLD, Shongaloo, Louisiana

"Let's tell young people the best books are yet to be written; the best painting, the best government, the best of everything is yet to be done by them."
-John Erslcine

THis is so AMAZING!! I loved the creativness of it! I've never read anything like this before! Wow, I gave you a 5 stars! I LOVED it!!

aladine_98 SILVER, Hemet, California
That's a very nice comment. :) Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

W.D.Laurin said...
W.D.Laurin, Albuquerque , New Mexico

When life hands you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it.

This is the most creative story I've ever read! It's absolutely brilliant. No one else would think of this idea. I love it!

shadow_lurker97 BRONZE, Hemet, California
its a great piece of writing and i really enjoyed experiencing an iPod's point of view. The clues along the way make it obvious when you read the last line aha :)  

aladine_98 SILVER, Hemet, California
Your comment really made me smile. When I was little, I used to be really careful not to trample on flowers (because they could get seriously hurt!), and thought that trees had souls. Thank you for sharing that story. :)

GreekGoddess BRONZE, Andover, Connecticut

"The unprepared rebel dies in the fire."
~unknown

Aww, when I was a little girl I always thought that everything had feelings, and was alive. If I had found this then I would printed it out as eveidence that everything lives. :) Awsome idea, and as you can see I loved it!

SapphireLamour DIAMOND, Omaha, Nebraska
beautiful & entertaining. It was so bittersweet and then i found out what it was and nearly laughed aloud!

Smilysoly BRONZE, Cairo, Other

Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; love more and all the good things will be yours

This is beautiful!!

Anansesem BRONZE, Cave Spring, Georgia

"Will our life not be a tunnel between two vague clarities? Or will it not be a clarity between two dark triangles?" ~Pablo Neruda

This is perfect! I really feel for that poor gadget, but....it's not meant to be.

PrincessClaire BRONZE, Fayetteville, North Carolina

don't do me do your hair

That was really, really good. I wasn't expecting it at all! Keep writing~ And please check out my stuff

-John Erslcine

Wow, I really liked that! :) I love how the whole music theme was going on through the paper. Very nice.