You'll never know | Teen Ink

You'll never know

March 1, 2013
By Butterflyele BRONZE, Center Harbor, New Hampshire
Butterflyele BRONZE, Center Harbor, New Hampshire
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Girls are like apples...the best ones are at the top of the trees. The boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples that are on the ground that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think there is something wrong with them, when, in reality, they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right boy to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree...”


The last word I spoke to him was his name, a friendly hello at a soccer game. All these years, seeing him and never realizing the kindness in his heart that would turn into a deep love in mine. It's a simple story, really, a girl and a boy attending kindergarten together. Never quite close, but never too far away. Then, a tragic move, I left that little town, not going far, but far enough. We grew. Apart from the occasional sighting, I didn't see that boy for years. It didn't hurt me too much. I had others, at my new school. But those new boys never had the same effect on me as that sweetheart. Finally, high school, the time of self discovery, in the age of the social media. Still, we have not spoken, despite my attempts to catch his eye. I spend my days daydreaming and staring at his photos, praying for a response from my favorite boy.


The author's comments:
I wrote this instead of stalking him, which I have been doing for the last few hours.