To Save Him | Teen Ink

To Save Him

June 19, 2013
By Anonymous

As the glass filled with the most precious grapes ever tasted I sat in the master chamber awaiting my loved one. The love of my life, my king Ashter Lawrence Gross. The bells began to ring, and it meant it was now 8. He was never this late. I pulled my dress strap back up my copper colored shoulder and tied my dress back up. I felt a foolish. I heard the main gate open, my hopes went back up. I quickly ran to my balcony with a smile. My smile soon faded as I saw a horse dresses in red drapes with a falcon taped to the side. I ran to my chamber door and down the steps to my father.
“Father-“I said as he turned to face me.
“Autumn, you look startled.”
“Yes, father I am. The gate, you didn’t hear the gate open?” I said with a shriek in my voice. My father’s eyes widened.
“We weren’t expecting anyone but Ashter. And he usually goes through the side gate.” My father said with confusion as we grabbed my hand and led us to the main entrance of the castle.
“Wasn’t Martin tending the gate, is he crazy?! Letting someone into the king’s home without a word.” I said with anger and worry. It wasn’t like him to do such a thing, even I knew that. Something must be terribly wrong I thought in the back of my mind.
My father got his cloak from a servant nearby.
“Thank you Eliza.” My father said humbly as the servant bowed and returned to her duties. My father soon unlocked the door and pulled it open. A gust of wind entered the palace. The 12 horses continued forward, they stopped as they reached the stairs. The guards came in full force and surrounded the 12 horses with the men sitting on top.
“All! Stop right there!” Tunden shouted as he being the head guard.
“We come in peace.” A deep voice said in the back as he removed his full helm and placed it in between his arms. He had ear length brunette hair that blown in the wind and a crisp jaw line with hazel blue eyes. He soon climbed off the horse and walked up a couple of stairs and started to speak from there.
“I am Prince Harry from the kingdom of Natherposh; I come a long way to seek a hand in marriage with your beautiful daughter.” He said looking me up and down like a bag of meat. My father pushed me behind him.
“Are you mad? You come to the home of a king uninvited and say you want to marry my daughter. My friend, you must be an idiot of many kinds if you think that’s a good first impression—“My father was interrupted.
“Ay! I didn’t come here to negotiate; I knew it would take more than a few words so I came with back up.” He said with a grin. He continued.
“I have a proposition for you. I’m sure princess Autumn that you are very fond—“
“How do you know thy name?!” I stepped out from behind my father.
“You’re the daughter of King Sebastian, isn’t that a foolish question.” He said with a sly tone.
“How dare you try to insult my daughter? Guards! Get this foolish man out!” My father declared as Prince Harry shot his hands up.
“Before you do, I must finish what I came to say. I’m sorry Princess Autumn for the insult. But as I was saying I’m sure you’re very fond of a man named Ashter.” He shines his helm as he spoke. My heart dropped what could he possibly have to say about my fiancé.
“What does he have to do with you coming here?!” My father said angrily and losing his temper as each second went by.
“I’m glad you asked, if the princess, your daughter doesn’t accept my offer. Well this will be that last time you ever hear the name Ashter again, if you know what I mean...” He said as he looked up at me and my father.
“What do you mean?” I said confused with tears filling my eyes.
“His death! If you refuse my marriage proposal he dies.” Harry said with full intent.
This couldn’t be happening. I blinked my eyes hoping it was a dream. It wasn’t. This was real, and too much to handle. I collapsed and was left with a white light and voices calling out my name.


The author's comments:
I'm a sucker for romance.