Falling In Love With Your Bestfriend | Teen Ink

Falling In Love With Your Bestfriend

December 18, 2013
By Karla Estrada BRONZE, Stockton, California
Karla Estrada BRONZE, Stockton, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

While on a date with Alexander, Josette thought that she saw her old friend from high school. She wasn’t sure if it actually was Zack Baker. As Zack started to walk toward her she started to realize it was actually her old friend and she didn’t want to say anything when she just heard herself saying, “OMG! Zack Baker is that you?”
Zack heard his name so he turned immediately to the side and started to look at Josette,”HEY! How are you? Well you look all grown up and all,” said Zack surprised and glad to see her.
When he said that, Josette heard a voice coming from behind him saying “Babe our table is over here.”As Josette heard the voice she saw Zack moving to the side and started to introduce her to Josette. As Zack was introducing her Alexander was whispering to her, “Why aren’t you introducing me to him?”

“I’m sorry,” answered Josette.

“This is my girlfriend Sadie, “said Zack, not really wanting to tell Josette anything about him having a girlfriend

“Hello,” is the only thing that Sadie said to Josette.

“And this is my friend Alexander,” said Josette. When Alexander was going to talk a lady came to take Zack and Sadie to their table. As they were walking to their table, Zack kept on looking back to Josette and smiled at her. Sadie notice that Zack was looking back at Josette.
When they were seated down Sadie was kissing and hugging Zack, thinking that Josette would see and would feel jealousy. Josette noticed that Sadie was hugging and kissing him, so she went to the restroom. When she was walking to the restroom Sadie saw, so she went to the restroom as well. Josette was putting on lipstick when she saw the door open and Sadie walked in.
“So from what I saw, you and Zack were good friends am I right?” Sadie asked Josette.
“Yes, back in high school,” responded Josette, ”may I ask, why don’t you just stop with your little game because it’s not working on me!” when Josette said that Sadie was speech less and finally said, “I’m not trying to do anything I love him and he loves me!”
“We’ll see if that’s how it is in a few weeks!” said Josette and walked away smiling. When she got to her table with Alexander, she smiled at him and he said, “What’s wrong with you?”

“What I can’t smile at you?” said Josette, as she said that she saw Sadie and Zack leave the restaurant.

“Of course you can, it’s just that it’s hard to get a smile from you but I love it!” was Alexander’s respond.

“Good then, can we leave now?”

“Yeah, let me just pay and we’ll be out of here in a second,” Alexander was done paying, so they left.

While in the car Alexander asked Josette, ”so how do you and that guy Zack know each other?”

“I don’t feel like talking about him right now, so I’m not going to response,” said Josette. Josette got home, and she felt like going to sleep but she couldn’t because she was just thinking about Zack and his girlfriend Sadie. She was thinking about what she said to Sadie in the bathroom. She was talking out loud to herself, “What in the heck did I get myself into! I’m so dumb.” she went down stairs and got her computer.
She went to her leaving room and went on Google. She typed ‘Zack baker’. She started to read and it said,” Zack Baker is a graduate student from UC Davis with a diploma of an engineer.” When Josette read that she said, “Awe he did become an engineer. That was his dream and he did do it,”she smiled and then kept on reading,” he is a happy young man with a beautiful young girl named Sadie,” Josette frowned at what she had read. She didn’t feel like reading the paragraph that talks about Sadie. She kept on reading and in the paragraph she was reading it said, “the young man is moving to Los Angeles to find an adventure and hoping to find someone he has been wanting to see since he left Franklin High School.”
“OMG! This is talking about me!” said Josette while jumping on her sofa. With this news it was worse for her to go to sleep; she was just smiling and giggling. She finally fell asleep around midnight.

The next day she went out for a walk in the park. As she was walking out of her door she saw her laptop and remembered about last night. She started to smile again, and started to run across the street to get to the park. When she was running in the park she saw a dog running and she called it over the dog went to her. When she was petting the dog she heard Zack’s voice saying, “Ooh thank God you found my dog,”
“Ooh this is your dog,” said Josette “it’s so cute!”
“Thank you, your pretty cute as well,”

“Oh stop it!”
“I’ll stop once you agree to go on a date with me,” said Zack “What do you say?”

“Umm I’ll say yes,” said Josette while thinking about what she told Sadie.

“Okay then I’ll pick you up at 7,” said Zack smiling.

“Okay, then. See you later,” said Josette.

Josette ran to her house and she took a shower. When she got out of the shower she started to pick out her outfit. She started to do her makeup and then started to change. She was ready at 6:50.

Zack arrived at her house at 7o’clock. He knocked and Josette opened the door. “Wow you look beautiful!” said Zack.

“Really you think so?”

“Yeah, do you think that I would lie to you come on its me were talking about,”

“Ha-ha, sure,”

“What?”

“You don’t remember?”

“What, did I do something bad?”

“Yeah you didn’t tell me about Sadie and you said that we were going to keep in contact, but did we? no!”

“Oh, I’m sorry, the reason that I didn’t tell you about Sadie was because I knew that you wouldn’t like her.

“You’re right about that, you know that in the restaurant the only reason why she was hugging and kissing you was to get me jealous!”

“How do you know if that’s true?”

“Really, you’re making it seem as if you don’t know me.”
“Oh yeah you’re like a psychic.”
“Anyway can we go now I’m starving?”

While in the car they were talking about elementary and high school. They were remembering about all the fun times they had together and how crazy college was. They finally arrived at a restaurant named Nandos. They got their table and started to eat. For Josette time went by so fast that when she remembered it was 9o’clock already. After a while they went to go walk around in a little plaza near the restaurant. As they were walking Josette saw Sadie. Sadie went up to them and started to argue with Zack and Josette. Josette got mad and started to argue with Sadie, Zack didn’t know what to do. Finally Sadie was walking away and Zack went after her leaving Josette behind.

Josette felt horrible so she went to her mom’s house. Her mom was already in bed, but Josette felt bad so her mother was there with her. Josette told her mom what had happened but her mom wasn’t okay with her talking to a boy that had a girlfriend. She fell asleep at her mom’s house. The next day she went home to shower and go to work. She arrived at her work and saw Alexander; she didn’t feel like talking to him.
“Hey, how are you beautiful?” asked Alexander.
“I’m doing well what about you?”
“I’m good now because I saw you,”
“Stop it Alexander you know I don’t like it when you’re like that,”
“Oh sorry,” said Alexander, “I have wanted to ask you something.”
“What is it now?”
“I have been having feelings for you since a long time ago and I wanted to know if you would like to be my girlfriend?”
“Oh gosh, mm yes I would like to be your girlfriend,” said Josette while thinking about Zack.

“Oh what a relief I was scared that you would say no. Are you hungry?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay, then let’s go. I heard about this restaurant over by the park people say that it’s good. Would you like to try it out?”

“Sure.”

They arrived at a restaurant, and Josette realized that it was the same restaurant that Zack took her to. Josette didn’t want to stay there but she told herself, “you have to get over him your with Alexander now!” When they were seated Alexander started to talk about himself. Josette was looking interested,but really she wasn’t listening to have of the things he was saying about. Finally after an hour Alexander stopped talking and asked Josette if she would like to go home. Josette response, “I would like to go for a walk at the park.”

“At the park, what are you going to do at the park? It’s going to get dark in any minute.”

“You think that I don’t know that. I’m pretty aware of the time Alexander!”

“I’m going with you.”

“Umm no you’re not you’re going to go home!”

“But I’m your boyfriend.”

“Yes you are my boyfriend but that doesn’t mean that you’re my babysitter!”

“Wow, okay then just call me when you get home.”

When Alexander got on his truck Josette started to walk toward the park. As she was walking she started to think about what all the things that had happened in the last few days. She’s surprised in how she got to see Zack again. When she thought of Zack she got butterflies in her stomach. “No, I can’t think of him!” said Josette out loud. She heard someone walking pass her, so she turned around to see who it was.

“Think of who?” said the person.

“What are you doing here?

“I came here to apologize to you.”

“And you had to wait so long to tell me that? Well you told me already so goodbye!” said Josette walking away. When she was walking she got pulled by the armed.

“Listen I know that I took a long time but I’m here and I’ll never leave you again.”

“Just because you said that doesn’t mean that I’m going to change my mind of saying, just because you, Zack Baker came here to apologize doesn’t mean you won me over!”

“I know but I have known you since forever, but I never thought that I would see you again. I know that when I went after Sadie it was wrong, and it was the worse decision of my life. I don’t know why but I would always think of you, and I would also get this feeling that I never got with any other girl. Josette I love you and I am going crazy for you!”

“Keep it coming.”

“Haha okay, I broke up with Sadie, so that means that it turned out as you said in the restroom at that restaurant that we saw each other.”

“Oh my gosh she told you about that?”

“Yeah, she told me when I broke up with her. I have to be honest with you, but I never really wanted to go out with her.”

“Oh that’s mean.”

“What? I didn’t want to but you know my parents they are all about money.”

“Oh yeah.”

“When I went to high school she was the one that I had in all of my classes. I don’t want to tell you the story but the main thing is that my parents made me be her boyfriend. I want to ask you something.”

“Okay what is it?”

“Like I said, I have been crazy in love with you since high school but I was always too scared to ask you, would you like to be my girlfriend?”

“I thought that you would never ask,” said Josette and kissed Zack.

“Okay, so girlfriend would you like to go to dinner with me?”

“You know what I barely ate, oh crap I forgot about Alexander!”

“Please tell me that…” Josette didn’t let him finish and she said, “Yeah I am.”

“What are you waiting for call him and break up with him!”

“Okay.” Josette called Alexander and she told him what had happened. Josette hanged up the phone and she asked Zack, “So where are you taking me?”
“I’m thinking of taking you to the movies, what do you say?”

“Umm I’m thinking of saying, okay.” They both left happily. They were watching the movie when Zack saw Alexander and Sadie together. He told Josette and Josette was shocked, but then said, “I’m glad that there not going to stay by themselves.” Zack agreed with her and they both started to enjoy the movie. The movie ended and they both left grabbing each other’s hand. They went outside, and they saw Alexander and Sadie. Josette didn’t want to bother them because it would be awkward.

Three months passed, and those three months were Josette’s best time of her life. Zack proposed to her and she said yes, of course she would say yes. She is planning their wedding and having such a great time with Zack. Before their wedding they are going to go Miami because Zack always wanted to go there. For their honeymoon Zack is going to take Josette to Paris as a surprise. Josette always dreamed of going to Paris, so Zack is going to make her dream come true. “That’s what I’m here for, to make her dreams come,” said Zack.