This Undeniable Feeling | Teen Ink

This Undeniable Feeling

By sugarberriesandcream BRONZE, Alpharetta, Georgia
sugarberriesandcream BRONZE, Alpharetta, Georgia

" Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The foreign feeling I experienced, when he caressed my face with his subtle glances, was so astounding I was forced to quickly sit down so that I could absorb the impact of the explosive sentiments that coursed through my body. He continued to glance at me and I at him; although this phrase may be considered an obtuse cliché, there was just something about him that caught my eye; whether it was because of his ravishing façade or his entrancing crooked smile is still a mystery to me. At some point, I’m still not exactly sure when, he managed to saunter over towards me and quietly preside in front of me which I suddenly realized when I looked up and saw him intently staring down at me. I was extremely taken aback and quite embarrassed to have been studied so closely without my knowing that it took me a while to realize that he was still staring at me with a look of such admiration on his face. Then to my utter surprise he reached out his perfectly proportioned hand and gently touched my face, while continuing his staring assault. We stayed like that for what seemed like our own personal eternity and during those precious moments I felt like he changed me in a way because with those subtle glances and gentle touches he proved to me that there are still young men who take pleasure in observing the small fixtures that us girls take so much time to prefect. He helped me realize that in those precious stolen moments that we shared together, an unbreakable bond between two individuals could still be formed in an instant but last a lifetime. Even though the words never slipped from either of our lips, I knew that he loved me and I loved him. The beautiful euphoria that cascaded over my lithe body quickly dissipated when I awoke the next morning and the realization that it was only a dream hit me like a ton of bricks.

I wrote this piece for my AP Lang blog project and I happened to run across it several days ago and while I was reading it over, it effected me in such a way that was unexplainable and I just felt the pressing need to share it with others who may take the same delight in it.