Rubix Cube | Teen Ink

Rubix Cube

September 20, 2015
By Trin_Freckles GOLD, Troutman, North Carolina
Trin_Freckles GOLD, Troutman, North Carolina
11 articles 12 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
When your sad, stop being sad and be awesome instead


Intro: Mr. Calie's Class

She walked in a short time after the bell and sat down. Shortly after that a handsome junior came in, sat down, he looked like he was going to cry. She went over sat down and tried to talk to him, he just ignotr her. He reached into his bag and pulled out a messed up cube and started turning it. All she could think about was the way he fiddled with the cube was almost as if he didn’t know what he was doing. Then almost like a switch he was turning to the left, right, up and down so quickly it was hard to watch. The way he focused, almost as if he got lost in the turns. The way he twisted the sides, watching him complete it help her realize that this cube was almost as if it represented life…It represents life for the mess, the mismatched sides, all the colors, it was a complete mess, You just have to know the right turns to make it right. No matter how bad life gets, you can always make is better. Just watching him, she felt different, she felt it was just him and her in a room, no distractions, no people..Nothing. He set it down, one color each side, it took him a minute and seven seconds to complete the puzzle. he looks up at her, looks down embarrassed, “I do this when i get nervous or anxious, i know..its pretty lame”    “No, not at all, i actually wish i could do that” she replied with. She picked up the cube, looked at him and said with a smile, “Show me” He blushed, took out another cube and mixed it up and started showing her the turns and twists, she went through the class laughing, and smiling. She had almost forgot what it was like to smile, how the feeling felt in her stomach when she laughed. She forgot what it was like to be…Happy. They shared stories, jokes, interests, hobbies, and so much more. Little did she know, that the time spent in that class, was just one turn, out of the other twists and turns on the cube.


The author's comments:

Its Just The Start of A Beautiful Thing