Park Swing | Teen Ink

Park Swing

October 27, 2015
By Anonymous

While I was walking to my house, I pass the community park. I pass it every day and it was just a regular park till today. I notice this guy just sitting on one of the swings. So being the curious cat that I am, I decided to take a seat in the swing right next to him.


When I first got a real glimpse at him, he had the shiniest brown hair you will ever set your eyes through, the bluest eyes that anyone can get lost in, and the prettiest complexion anyone could ever want.


“Hey, I’m Karmelia, what’s your name?” I ask.


“I’m Thorne,” I barley hear him say. But I did hear the most wonderful voice my ears will ever experience.


“When I passed here and looked over, it looked like that you needed someone to talk to,” I say to him softly.
“I am quite lonely, I just don’t know what to do with my life anymore.”


“Why don’t you tell me what is wrong.”


“Well today I just buried my father and I have no place to live at now.” When he said that, he bursts into a river of tears. “I just don’t know what to do.” At that moment I blurted out something.


“Don’t worry you can come live with my family.” It just came out of nowhere.