The Story Of Saif-Ul-Muluk | Teen Ink

The Story Of Saif-Ul-Muluk

By Tniazi123 BRONZE, Riyadh, Other
Tniazi123 BRONZE, Riyadh, Other

Hey, you wanna hear a story? Maybe it can help you sleep. Ok? Ok.

So you know mountainous lake located at the northern end of the Kaghan Valley, near the town of Naran. It is in the north east of Mansehra District in the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan and is one of the highest lakes in Pakistan. No? I guessed not.
It is known as the most beautiful lakes in Pakistan, the famous Lake Saif-Ul-Muluk. Elders in the valley always tell the little kids the story of the love story of the Prince and the Fairy.

The Prince was fond of exploring. He would often visit the lake from the wilderness which was surrounded by tall and white snow peaks. One day, the Prince was passing by the lake when he saw a fairy!! The most beautiful fairy in the world . She was showering in the lake and dancing and singing. Curiosity brought the Prince closer to where the fairy was and then he stole her clothes!

Ugghh I know stealing clothes is bad and shameful, but just listen to the whole story, then ask questions. The fairy was shocked and terrified. She did not know what to do. So she made a deal with the Prince. Wait, I am getting there. She made a deal that she would marry him in exchange for her clothes. The Prince agreed. But what they both did not at first was that the incident caused them both to fall DEEPLY IN LOVE.

I know that is sweet but as people say, every good story must come to an end one day. You will understand later. Anyways, The couple started meeting every day by the lake expressing their love for each other and promising to keep their love alive forever. Now what they did not know was that someone was jealous of their love. It was the DEMON. The demon loved the fairy deeply and wanted to express his love to her but he could not. He was so angry that he wanted revenge.

One day, when the fairy and her friends were showering, the demon used his wicked power and he flooded the entire valley, supposedly killing the fairies. Now the fairy was gone. The Prince did not know that and he went to lake to meet the fairy. According to elders, he waited and waited and waited but the fairy never came and the Prince never left.

I know it is very sad that they died. Their love story could not last longer than that. But legend still says that the souls of the Fairy and the Prince meet each other every Lunar moon and they express their love for each other. The end. Yes that is the end. Now you can go to sleep. Good night.