Pie at 2:00 am | Teen Ink

Pie at 2:00 am

By IzzyBomb BRONZE, Alameda, California
IzzyBomb BRONZE, Alameda, California

"If you can't stand up, stand out." - Mike Schlappi

“I don’t care that it’s 2:00 am, we need pie,” crackled Casey’s voice over the phone, “Be there in 2 minutes.”

“Wait-” Amelia whispered, anxiety slowly creeping into her voice, “-It’s really late and my parents-”

“It’ll be fine, besides,” Amelia heard the sound of a rock being thrown at her window and winced, carefully walking towards the window, “I’m already here.” Casey’s voice quipped, coming from both the phone in Amelia’s hand and the figure standing below Amelia’s 2nd story window.

Amelia groaned, throwing her hand over her face. “You really need to ask to come over before you do, Casey.”

“I did, besides, I only live 3 houses down.”

Amelia just sighed, knowing it was useless to argue with Casey.  Instead, she just glared at Casey, taking in the sight. It was kinda weird to see Casey outside of the school uniform they wore daily. In pajamas, nonetheless. Star Wars pajamas, too. Casey’s short brown hair was tucked into a worn green beanie with a ski lodge’s logo on it. Amelia’s own pajamas consisted of a band t-shirt and sweatpants. Her straight black hair was tied back into a messy ponytail. She slid on her sneakers and jumped out the window, landing next to Casey.

“So, why did you need pie at 2:00 am?” Amelia wheezed, jumping out of window is harder than it looks, she thought.

“Well-” Casey started, slinging an arm over Amelia’s shoulder, “-I actually mostly wanted an excuse to see my girlfriend-” Casey added, pressing a kiss to the side of Amelia’s mouth, “-But I’m up for pie too.”

Amelia blushed. She never got used to her girlfriend’s spontaneity, but that was something she loved about her.

“Ok, let’s go.” Amelia giggled, grabbing her girlfriend’s hand and starting to walk towards the pie shop.

I wanted to practice writing, and I wanted to try to not use pronouns until the end. I wrote this in like 15 minutes. Enjoy!