For a | Teen Ink

For a

By Spankboi BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Spankboi BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

For a "better" future

There John stood at a stand-off two to one ratio. As they stood there it was dead silence he glanced at his wife Sherrie she whispers she doesn't want to die, he looks back at the two people grips his pistols and Bang. John looks back at Sherrie, she smiles and tears come to her eyes as they hugged knowing the battle was over. Little did they know the war has just begun.

Two days earlier

A new government was put into power where people weren't able to have children due to overpopulation and the world growing scarce on resources. Sherrie was six going on seven months pregnant so they decided to keep her home so C.C.B ( child cryosleep bureau ) won’t take Sherrie and Johns baby away. Onset days of the week, he’d take her to a secret area in the woods so she doesn't stay cooped up in the house for the whole nine months. On their way home Sherrie was spotted by an undercover C.C.B. Agent who gets their address and sends it headquarters. 

The next day as John was making breakfast for Sherrie a loud banging coming from the front door, Sherrie goes and hides in the crawlspace behind the mirror as John answers the door. John answers the door and is met with a gun to his head and is told to stand against the wall. The CCB agents swarm the house looking for Sherrie. As they searched the squad leader was questioning John but he didn't budge. They found the crawlspace. As Sherrie climbs out of the crawlspace John Kicks the Agent 1 in the stomach gets up then punches him in his face, Agent 2 turns, and aims. John pulls the Agent 1 in front of him and Agent 2 open fires hitting Agent one. As Agent 2 is reloading Agent 3 comes in and punches John in the face, John reaches back and smashes an iron over Agent 3’s head. John runs to Agent 2 and grabs his gun as he fires it and bullets trail the room killing Agent 4 and injuring Sherrie. After a lot of wrestling, John manages to pry the gun out of the Agents hand and kills him.

John runs over to Sherrie to make sure she is alright, she has a bullet wound in her upper left leg. Sherrie removes the bullet and John stops the bleeding by tightening a belt above the wound and wrapping her leg. A few minutes later as John is helping Sherrie get to the bed more agents come up the steps and tranquilize John and restrain Sherrie, as he slowly loses consciousness he sees Sherrie as everything goes black.

John wakes up weak and tied down, he takes a look around and noticed the soldier standing in the corner, he asked the agent where Sherrie is and gets no response. He goes to get up and is told to remain still. John looks for a way to escape and notices that if he wiggled enough he could probably free one of his hands but, he needed to distract the guard then it came to mind. He starts to wiggle is legs free and the guard comes over to re-tighten the restraints he quickly frees his arms and slams the guard’s head off the table knocking him unconscious. John takes the guard’s clothes and starts looking for Sherrie. He finds the camera room and peeks inside to find Sherrie in the cryosleep room on the second floor, that where he is headed.

Sherrie was being prepared for cryosleep when the doctor left the door she also left. While wondering the hallway Sherrie notices another cryosleep room and takes a peek to find another patient getting ready for cryosleep after she gets in the pod instead of being frozen she is cremated to ashes and her ashed are disposed of. Sherrie is in shock at the horror of what has been happening to all these innocent pregnant people and children. Sherrie rounds the corner and enters the elevator she starts heading to the shipping dock to try and find somewhere to escape, the elevator stops and the doors open she goes to attack and is surprised to see John as he enters the elevator dressed as a C.C.B. agent. John and Sherrie have a small heartfelt moment, they get to the shipping dock and see a few C.C.B agents around a truck they could use to escape. John very stealth-like takes out one of the guards and gets his gun. As they go to knock out the other guys the alarm goes off. They found out that John and Sherrie have escaped and are in the shipping dock. 

John takes down two more guards and Sherrie finds the keys to the truck and they drove off. After a John and Sherrie got far enough they ditched the truck and made it to their secret spot in the woods where they thought they were safe. Little moments later two undercover C.C.B. agents come out of the crowd of people and head to the woods to apprehend them. As John and Sherrie are getting ready to brave the night in the woods they are approached by the agents. John draws his guns and aims at the agents and they aimed back.

dinooo BRONZE said...
dinooo BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina

All that glisters is not gold;
Often have you heard that told.
Many a man his life hath sold
But my outside to behold.
Gilded tombs do worms enfold.

The concept and idea for this is really good, but you definitely need to work on grammar, spelling, and clarity. Keep writing and all those things will come naturally after a while!