King Of The Night | Teen Ink

King Of The Night

By cloredo BRONZE, Houston, Texas
cloredo BRONZE, Houston, Texas

King Of The Night
Ray woke up to the blaring noise of his alarm clock, it read 10:30 AM, Sunday, October 31st. Ray got up and dragged himself out of bed to turn the alarm clock off and jumped back into bed to fall back asleep, but as he jumped into bed she realized that it was finally Halloween. He couldn’t believe it, he had completely forgotten all about halloween due to the teachers stressing him out with the piles of homework they gave her “ That's what I get for doing AP classes I guess” he said.
Later that day Ray got a call from his friends asking if he was going to the Halloween party tonight. Ray wasn’t really sure if he wanted to go after all he still had homework that needed to be done by tomorrow morning. After thinking about it, he really wanted to go. After all, it would be his first party being highschool “I can't miss it” thought Ray. Ray got started on all his homework finishing page by page after about 3 hours of non stop working he had finally finished.
He had decided that he wanted to go as Sasuke Uchiha, his favorite character from his favorite tv show but he also wanted to match with his friends Sunny, Gunay, and Aelia that were gonna dress up as people from Harry Potter. After deciding that he would match the theme with his friends he headed to the store and got an outfit and headed home to change on his way home he noticed the sun looked weird, almost looking decrepit. But he ignored it, he was too focused on getting home. On his way home he noticed that the sunlight was going down faster than usual but he wasn't really worried. He thought the sun was just going down sooner because Christmas is right around the corner.
After Ray got home he got ready and waited for his friend Aelia to come pick him up. While he waited for her he started watching the news and they kept talking about the sun and how it was not as bright as it should be but before he could finish watching Aelia had come and picked him up. They also went to pick up their two other friends Gunay and Sunny. Ray wanted to listen to music so he turned on the radio and instead of music he found evry station to be talking about the sun.
Ray had started getting worried but he didnt wanna ruin the night for himself and for his friends so he swiftly plugged in the AUX to his phone and played his favorite song Pursuit Of Happiness. Which quickly took the concerning thoughts about the sun away and just like that he and his friends were having the time of their lives blasting music into the night sky even the car was bouncing from excitement.
When they got to the party everyone was talking about the sun. They later found a telescope and decided to look at the sun with it since everyone was talking about it, but when they looked for it they couldn't find it was complete darkness as if the sun was sleeping.
After about 30 minutes of being at the party it started getting really cold. Ray had asked his friend sunny if she could check the weather app to discover that the temperature had dropped drastically and was still dropping. Everyone at the party started getting worried so they turned the news on and heard “ Nasa is saying that the sun burned out and in less than 30 minutes the sun will start releasing all the leftover gases and it will turn into a planetary nebula killing all life on Earth.
Everyone started freaking out and calling their family members racing home. Ray had turned around in disbelief and looked at his friends Sunny, Guba, and Aelia who were in complete dazed. Ray had started running toward his friends crying saying “ we need to get home to our families before the end comes.”They immediately got in the car and raced home passing all the red lights and stop signs in fear that they would get to say goodbye to their family.
Ray had finally made it home with 5 minutes left to spare and ran to his parents crying and hugged them and talked to them about how he could've been a better kid and his parents were crying to him that they wish they could've done better as parents. With time ticking they walked outside and saw the beautiful colors of the gases in the night sky that would soon lead their deaths. When they saw the gases about to hit they hugged each other “I love you” said Ray to his mom and dad and they responded saying “ I love…”.

This story is about if the sun never rose again. I was inspirered to write this because my teacher my teacher made us watch this