Villain Backstory- Bone Crusher | Teen Ink

Villain Backstory- Bone Crusher

By tnakirikanti26 BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
tnakirikanti26 BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey

The villain Bone Crusher is based on the element calcium (Ca). Calcium was discovered in the year 1808 by the chemist Sir Humphery Davy. Scientists to follow, were then curious of the effects of calcium to a human body. During the experiment the human being tested was given an extreme amount of calcium and instead of dying of calcium overload, like a regular human being, the Bone Crusher came alive. As a result of him ingesting a lot of calcium, the Bone Crusher relies on calcium to survive. He also adopted many traits of the element himself, has extremely strong, malleable bones that aren’t brittle, calcium is a soft mineral with an MOHS of 1.75 MPa. Even in his costume, he wears silver colored pants like the opaque element, calcium. 

The Bone Crusher is very powerful and is one of the most feared villain’s to exist. His many powers allow him to survive through battles. His first power is the ability to crush and isolate calcium from human remains or existing humans, hence the name “Bone Crusher”. The Bone Crusher is also a great conductor of electricity, 29 MS/m. The Bone Crusher often dissolves calcium carbonate (a concentrated form of calcium) in water with CO2 , together they react to make calcium carbonate, which then forms into stalagmites and stalactites, which can be a dangerous weapon. In addition, as much as calcium is required for the human body to function, too much can be toxic, the Bone Crusher uses the crushed and powdered calcium to attack enemies. Yet, amidst all of his strengths he also has weaknesses, calcium is very reactive to air and water, so the Bone Crusher is forced to “hibernate” in a safe, remote location, until he needs another supply of calcium. Although, when the Bone Crusher comes out of  hibernation he causes extreme havoc with civilians.

I made this story for my 8th Grade Science class, the assignment was to make a hero or villain based on a element from the Periodic Table of Elements. My story is the backstory of a villain named Bone Crusher, who is based on the element Calcium (Ca). Enjoy!