Twisted Heaven Part 4 | Teen Ink

Twisted Heaven Part 4

By hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas
hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

“God, of your goodness, give me yourself; you are enough for me, and anything less that I could ask for would not do you full honour. And if I ask anything that is less, I shall always lack something, but in you alone I have everything”

Part 4 (of 4) Look for parts 1, 2, and 3 to catch up on the story.
The alarm went off way too early the next morning. Kaily sat up sleepily in bed. The lights were on in her room. “That’s odd,” she thought. Worried, she got up and looked around. Nothing seemed out of place. “This is so weird,” she said aloud. “Maybe Mom accidentally left them on when she came in to check on me during the night.” She reassured herself. She grabbed her pink summer dress from her closet. It was strapless, knee length, and had lace at the chest and on the hem. She added a short-sleeved black jacket and some white sandals. She chose some black bracelets and then went to the bathroom to do her hair. This morning Kaily just put in some curlers and went downstairs. With a yawn, she opened the door to the kitchen and froze. At her counter sat Blaine. Her mom sat next to him, chatting happily. “Oh good morning Kaily!” she said cheerfully when she noticed Kaily standing in the doorway.
“Uh. . .hi,” Kaily said, puzzled.
“Hey Kaily” Blaine said casually, as if sitting in her kitchen was a perfectly normal thing. “Almost ready for school?”
“Not really. I need at least half an hour more. . . what are you doing?” she asked.
“Kaily! Be nice to our guest. I met him last night when I was out with Ron. We bumped into each other and he mentioned I looked like you! Imagine that! So I told him that you are always complaining about how boring your walk to school is and that I would feel better if he walked you. So I had it come here this morning. Isnt it a crazy coincidence that we just bumped into each other!?”
“Yeah, Mom. It is weird. But I can just drive my car to school. It takes all of five minutes. I’m not walking to school anymore.”
“Well, Hon, I let Ron borrow your car. His is in the shop. And he was stressing about a rent car. So I told him that you would be happy to lend him your car. It’s brand new and you don’t mind walking to school right? It’s really not a long walk at all. And now that I met Blaine here, yall can walk together. Won’t that be fun? Yes of course it will! Well, I can’t stay to chat. I have so much to do today. I just got a job with Furniture Gallery! They want me to arrange their newest showcase. This job is a big money maker K! We can take a vacation of this. Anyway, I’ll leave you two. Don’t be late and don’t wait up tonight.” She grabbed her coffee and hurried out the door.
“Your mom is really nice,” Blaine commented.
“. . Yeah. . well I guess I need to get ready. . .” Kaily was at a loss for words.
“You want me to whip you up something for breakfast? Im a darn good cook if I do say so myself.” He flashed his white teeth.
“Um sure. Thanks.” Kaily said and turned out the door. She stood right outside the door for a minute, breathing heavily. “What was my insane mother thinking?” she thought. “I cannot believe this is happening. Calm down, Kaily. Just get through this day and then tell Mom how it has to be,” she told herself. She went back upstairs and took out the curlers and put on her makeup. She used every second of her thirty minutes, wasting time she would have to spend with Blaine. She finally walked downstairs to find Blaine standing over the stove, flipping some pancakes.
“There you are. These are almost done,” Blaine said.
“Thanks,” Kaily replied.
“Grab some eggs and bacon from the counter. Then I’ll bring you the pancakes when they are done. Bon appetite!” he exclaimed. Kaily took a spoonful of the heaping pile of scrambled eggs and two pieces of bacon.
“Wow, Blaine you really outdid yourself. This is like a freaking buffet!” Kaily said as she sat down at the small breakfast table by the widow.
Blaine laughed and brought over the pancakes. “What is that?” Kaily pointed to a small jar of white powder. The lid was decorated in ornate patterns.
“Oh,” Blaine jumped a little and grabbed the bottle. “Just a special ingredient that makes my pancakes special,” he explained.
“Ah,” Kaily managed with a mouthful of pancakes. “These are really good. Where did you learn to cook like this?” she asked.
“Just a little hobby I picked up,” he told her.
“Okay,” Kaily said and took one last bite then washed it down with orange juice. “Lets go, I can take care of the dishes later when I get home.”
“I can help you later on if I walk you home,” he looked at her.
“Well I might have to stay late at school. Shawn said something about needing help with his article,” Kaily lied.
“Oh okay. Well, whatever. Lets get going.” Blaine said.
“Alright.” Kaily grabbed her huge bag and her cell and led the way out the door.
“So where did you move from?” Kaily asked.
“Long way,” was all Blaine said.
“Like in Rhode Island? America? This continent?” Kaily prodded.
“Not really. I’m from a place really far from here. But I’ve …er…visited before. I kind of wander.” He said, obviously hiding something.
“That’s cool. I lived in Texas my whole life. Then my dad died and we moved here. My mom had some job connections here. We needed to get away from the stuff that reminded us of him, you know? We have lived here almost three years. I really like it, but there is no place quite like Texas. I really miss the openness and trees.”
“Oh yeah. I’ve heard Texas is really pretty. Not as pretty as you of course, but close to it.” He looked down at her. Kaily just laughed at his corny pickup line.
“Nice try,” was all she said.
“I’m gonna keep trying,” he said.
“I wish you luck, I don’t open up to just anyone,” she explained.
“Then it sounds like I have my work cut out for me! But I will get you.”
“Get me?” Kaily asked, a little worried.
“I meant get your attention, your heart, your love.”
“Oh. Right. I doubt you will achieve that. But you never know. I’m keeping an open mind. You should too,” Kaily tried to keep the conversation casual instead of his more personal topics.
“Yes, I will try,” was all he said.
“Well here we are. Do you need any help finding your classes today? Or do you remember the classes?”
“I think I got it. But I will see you at lunch.” He smiled, seeming preoccupied.
“Okay, see ya around,” she answered him.

Kaily was distracted the rest of the morning. Blaine seemed different today. He seemed nice, attractive, and friendly, almost inhuman...
(note to the reader: thats it! You have finished chapter one of Twisted Heaven, my novel in progress. Congrats! lol)

This is the conclusion of Twisted Heaven, Chapter One. I hope to keep writing and not give up on my novel:) Look for parts 1, 2, and 3 if you want to know what happened before this. I guess if this first chapter has a good response, i might post more. We will see! Enjoy

hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

TeenInk.com/raw/Fiction/article/124880/Twisted-Heaven-Part-5/

All you have to do is copy and paste this in your browser...TADA! That is the link for part 5. Leave a comment and rate it. If you want more, let me know!

hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

hey guys...another update: PART 5 IS PENDING BY TEENINK. LOOK FOR IT! As soon as it posts, I will put the link here so you dont have to search forever! Thanks for everyone's support

bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio

Most dreams don't come true on their own; you have to make them true.  It takes a lot of work.  It's not easy, but not impossible, either.

Oh, okay then, that's fine! Cool, so I will definately keep an eye out for part 5! Thanks so much!

hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

HEY GUYS. LOOK FOR PART 5. COMING VERY SOON

hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

no, i can handle it. Thanks for the offer. Its way too hard to explain over teenink. Just some character flaws and whatnot I can totally work out. THanks

bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio

So, what do you need help with first? Just tell me and I will try my best to help you! By the way, thanks for being so understanding! I really appreciate it!

hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

alrite

bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio

Hey, I'm not exactly sure if e-mailing each other is safe. I mean, I'm sure I can trust you, but you can never be too sure, since there are a lot of creepers out there. Maybe we could just keep sending comments like this. Tell me what you think. :) By the way, I would love to help you improve with your writing! Anytime!

bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio

Thanks!! I can't wait!

hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

wow bubbasamantha, thank you so much! I will work on that!

bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio

Please, please, PLEASE post more chapters!!!! I am hooked on this novel of yours! It is sooooo good!!! I hope you post more chapters! I really want to read the rest of the novel! You, my friend, are going to become a very successful author! I can only wish to write like you! I have written some chapters books of my own, but nothing like yours! One word about your novel: GENIUS!

hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas

You like???? Catch up by reading parts 1-3...