The Divine Sculpting | Teen Ink

The Divine Sculpting

By pranavg BRONZE, Torrance, California
pranavg BRONZE, Torrance, California

Long ago, Solaria the creator was gradually weakening and her planet Martia was on the brink of destruction through harm done by the natives all throughout the land. She worried that it would soon become inhabitable to them. To save her future generations, she called upon her two daughters- Elara and Lyria and embedded in them her remaining powers of empathy and logic respectively as well as the common power of producing life. She tasked the two goddesses with creating life on a new planet before sending them in a meteor hurtling through the cosmos out of the habitual embrace of Martia. Soon, the meteor crashed into the planet Earth, accidently killing all the creatures living there. As soon as Elara comes out of the meteor and witnesses their destruction, she immediately starts weeping a flood. 

Elara, having a compassionate nature, tried to recreate the former dinosaurs by combining their remains but instead she built different animals of various shapes and sizes, and used her powers to bring them to life. However Lyria is ambitious and scoffs at her sister for using her powers for something so impractical in her opinion. She uses her powers to create humans and imparts them with life. The humans she created though are emotionless like her and immediately start destroying nature. Elara sees this and quickly injects each of the humans a tiny bit of her heart to have compassion towards nature and to become friends with the animals. Together with her sister Lyria, she commands the humans to always respect their planet and never hurt anything or anyone. For many years, humans and animals befriended each other by their ability to converse with one another. The animals, using their heightened senses, could warn the humans of future weather and dangers that would threaten them. In turn, the humans taught the animals basic survival skills and helped develop their homes.

Overtime, as Elara’s remaining heart became smaller and smaller, she lost her strength and her powers become delicate. At the same time, humans gradually started to become greedy and disregarded their original devotion towards nature. They soon disobeyed their creators, hurting the animals and taking over their habitats. With Elara now too weak to do anything to stop the humans, Lyria tries to protect her sister’s animal creations from the evil deeds of man. She tried several different things, like punishing man by cutting their communication with animals so that they wouldn’t be aware of imminent danger, and even devising a human infecting virus carried by animals to keep them far away from them but nothing she ever did really stopped man. As the years pass, Elara’s power of compassion in humans continues to diminish, as they further destroy the environment, the animal kingdom, and ultimately the entire planet...once again.