The Ball named "RED" | Teen Ink

The Ball named "RED"

By ilovetinkerbell GOLD, Raytown, Missouri
ilovetinkerbell GOLD, Raytown, Missouri

Be yourself!!!

Once upon a time, there was a red ball named Red. Red spent his days sitting on a shelf, in a box, in the middle of a toy store. He watched all day as kids came in the store and walked out with things they had bought in the toy store. Many kids bought balls but they would not buy a Red. The kids only bought blue, yellow, purple, green, or orange balls. Therefore, Red just sat on a shelf, in a bow, in the middle of a toy store.

One day a little girl named Jane was shopping in the toy store with her mother. Red had been complaining all day how he had to sit on the shelf, in a box, in the middle of the toy store and watch as kids bought other balls instead of him. Jane was having a bad day that day because she had been teased all day about how she did not have a ball like the other kids. Jane was talking to her mother when they turned and walked down the aisle. They walked up and down the aisle and talked until Jane laid her eyes on Red. She just knew she had to have it but she also knew her mother would not buy it for her.

Jane picked up Red from the self, in the middle of the store and ran to her mother. “Mommy, mommy, can I please have this ball? Please? I will take care of it every day and make sure I put it away when I am done with it. Please mommy,” begged Jane? Her Mother said, “Why do you want a dumb old ball? How about I get you a new pair of cloths instead of that dumb old ball.” Jane loved the idea of new clothes but she really wanted the ball. She did not answer her mother’s questions but instead just looked at her mother with the saddest eyes you can image.

Jane’s mother finally gave in after trying to change Jane’s mind and bought the ball. Jane was so thrilled that she named the ball Red. Jane Played with that ball so much that even her father could not take it away. Red was so happy to be out of the box, off the shelf, and out of the toy store. Jane now has two children of her own and she still thinks about Red but she knows that some day she will take Red out of storage and let her children play with him. Red is sad to be in a box again but he can still her Jane’s voice when she is talking or laughing. Red and Jane know that they will see each other again and Red will beable to meet Jane’s kids. Red and Jane will always love each other. Re cannot wait for the day when he sees his little Jane again. Who knows, maybe today Jane and Red will see each other again.

My mom had me write this when I was in 9th grade. I am now in eleventh. enjoy