The Fall entry 1 | Teen Ink

The Fall entry 1

March 31, 2010
By THEIMPACT77 BRONZE, Florence, Kentucky
THEIMPACT77 BRONZE, Florence, Kentucky
4 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
I WILL NOT BOW


Nov 6, 2062

I just found this notebook amidst of all the rubble. I never thought about keeping a journal until now. An old friend told me I should, so if anyone was still alive they would know our struggle. Maybe I should start with who I am. My name is Shane and I am 16. I have good looks that any girl would fall for and I’m stronger than anyone I’ve met (not really). I have brown hair and green eyes. Yeah I know, it’s a weird combination but you can’t blame me, I was born with it. I am 5’11 and kind of well built. I live in a settlement called Hope. Hope is a place where anybody can feel safe. It’s a place where people work together for the greater good.

It’s also a place for the Terran Rebellion. We all have a job at Hope. We all do a ‘civilian’ job than we have a ‘military’ job. I am a Runner. A Runner is basically a scout. We go out to find survivors and bring them back to Hope. We also go ahead of the scavenging groups to make sure that there are no Orbs, raiders, or Goblins. If we do we see if there is an alternate route. If there aren’t we engage the enemy. I said we were scouts but we carry enough equipment to take out a tank. The Orbs are the hardest to take down. We usually shoot them down with RPGs or FMG-148 Javelin missile launcher. For raiders we take them out with M40A1 Sniper Rifles. And for goblins we use swords.
Yup after the invasion, a lot of these “goblins” came out from underground and started terrorizing the near dead humanity. These things are usually 6’0 tall, red skinned, and one eye. Oh, they also have mouths in their hands. I once saw two of them strip a cow of all its meat in two minutes. Then I got out of dodge before they saw me. The Orbs are basically what their name implies. Huge, floating, spheres that can shoot lasers. Oh yeah I said it, they can shoot lasers. Cool right? Wrong. These things invaded Terra so they could harvest our minds to make more of their kind. The weird thing was we knew that they were coming. We had a warning from an alien. We, for some reason, didn’t listen. Well look where that got us. Well I got to go. They are calling me to H.Q... I will write more tomorrow.