Darkness | Teen Ink

Darkness

By BehindSapphireEyes SILVER, Bullock, North Carolina
BehindSapphireEyes SILVER, Bullock, North Carolina

"Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life. But I'd rather be your moon, so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun isn't around."

Darkness

Darkness. It was everywhere. It enveloped me in a strangulating blanket of what felt like ice. ‘Breathe’, my mind screamed. ‘BREATHE!’ But I could not. Darkness—ominous; sinister was leisurely, painstakingly siphoning me…my life-force diminishing. I could hear wings, pulsating wings. Aroma of what smelled like rotten eggs wafted around me. An icy presence embraced me; goose flesh coalescing my pale, pale skin as if it was coagulated blood. My heartbeat quickened with every breath as I suddenly realized in what sort of place I was lolling in a place of death and pain. The darkness was almost painful as I felt it pressing against my body almost as a living creature, forcing itself to press along every contour of my body and enthused with my every move. It hurt to breathe my lungs felt as if they were writhing. I knew I was inches from Death’s door, but I didn't want to die. I couldn't die…I am too young. I haven’t done enough, experienced enough. I tried to reach out to grasp anything that I could to try and escape the darkness, but my limbs would not move it was as if I had restrains strapped down to my entire being.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain penetrate me it felt as if it was fire being shot into my veins as it seared through me. I tried to scream, but only a strangled gasp escaped my lips. Pain. Excruciating pain. ‘Why me?’ I thought ‘Why have I been chosen to be tortured? What did I ever do to deserve this?’ It was no use pondering why this was happening there was no one and nothing that could save me. I am, but a muted fly dangling on a web awaiting its own death by the hands of a spider. As the icy darkness singed through me I suddenly felt numb and a grim smile crossed my features. I realized it would be over soon and death would come, my pain no more.

I could feel my eyelids drooping as the last bit of my life drained from my body. I willingly slipped into the embrace of sleep as a brilliant white light enveloped me as I was welcomed into the arms of what appeared to be an angel. I died with a smile upon my lips.

Darkness. It was everywhere. It enveloped me in a strangulating blanket of what felt like ice. ‘Breathe’, my mind screamed. ‘BREATHE!’ But I could not. Darkness—ominous; sinister was leisurely, painstakingly siphoning me…my life-force diminishing. I could hear wings, pulsating wings. Aroma of what smelled like rotten eggs wafted around me. An icy presence embraced me; goose flesh coalescing my pale, pale skin as if it was coagulated blood. My heartbeat quickened with every breath as I suddenly realized in what sort of place I was lolling in a place of death and pain. And, yet, I couldn't help but shake the feeling that I'd been here before.

I wrote this a while ago, it isn't too long. It is about a person being in a place that could only be described as Hell. I hope y'all like it!

(I couldn't really find I pic that went with this and TI won't let me not chose a pic. So, the one you see now is the one I settle with.)

EnnaGirl SILVER, Sacramento, California

Be the change you want to see in the world
- Ghandi

I love this piece!!! sinster and spooky and great use of diction and vocabulary. i could picture it in my mind. 5 stars!!!!