Silver Hands | Teen Ink

Silver Hands

By FindecanoAmandill SILVER, Easley, South Carolina
FindecanoAmandill SILVER, Easley, South Carolina

welcome to hell, hope you have sunscreen

I walk through cold, damp, darkened halls with only a few wall torches to light the way. I walk quickly but not too quick so as not to attract any unwanted attention. Even in cult meetings my red shoulder length hair, thick Irish accent, unnatural thinness, pale skin, silver eyebrow, lip, and ear piercings (three hoops at the top of each ear and a stud in each earlobe) tend to stand out. I have dawned black cult robes as to attempt to blend in and conceal a few weapons. I run my thumb along the edge of the dagger concealed in my sleeve and dawn a satisfied grin as I approach the sound of chanting. I walk into a cold, darkened, midnight black room along with a large group of cultists and keep my head down attempting to blend in. What I see when i enter shocks my very being. I scan the room and i see all in all thirty cultists chanting around a large bonfire inside of a pentagram. As I approach I see fifteen dead young male and female humans, all in their teens the oldest maybe eighteen no older than me. I stay near the back and place one hand on the silver sword within my robes and the other on the silver dagger up my sleeve. I brought a small crossbow, one silver dagger, and one silver sword for that is all these robes will allow. The chanting grows louder and I see a portal a bit larger than a full grown human man begin to open and a large blue daemon the size of two full grown men, with horns like great swords, and hell fire in its eyes walk out.
"Our day is finally upon us my brothers and sisters, time for our revenge, time for us to rule!" shouts the apparent leader of the cult.
shouts and cheers leap up from everyone's throat and I know my time to act is now. I pulls my sword and dagger free and begin running through the crowd "you bastard!"
not having time to free my crossbow I take aim with my tagger and throw it, it flies true and strikes him in the chest right below the heart. I free my crossbow and check it quickly, ten shots. I dont take the time to aim, I just fire at any and everything. I hear thuds and begin my death count. Thud "one" crack "two" thunk thunk thunk "three, four, five" and I keep going until I run out of bolts "six, seven, eight, nine, ten."
I throw it aside and run to the dead leader cutting a path with my sword. When I reach him I throw my robes aside to reveal my leather jerkin, trousers, and boots "ah, much better."
I notice that the leader is not dead, as well as there are about ten cultists left along with the daemon. I leap at the cultists killing two on decent, I land in a crouch and swipe ones legs out as he approaches me. I leap up and stab down at him, piercing his throat and leaving him to drown in his own blood "twenty-three." I say to myself. I look upon the last seven and see that they are not willing to back down. I run at them and one swipes at me with his sword, I grab his wrist and twist him in front of me just in time to use him to block two cultists swords. I push him farther onto their swords, killing him and making their swords useless. I punch one in the throat sending him to the ground and grab the others wrist as he swings a fist at me, pulling him onto my sword. I push the man from my sword and stomp on the other ones throat. I grab another one that runs at me and throw him at the daemon, it distracts him for a moment as he has to push the cultist away killing him and keep from falling over, I take the opportunity and rush at him sword held high and stab him directly in the heart. It still doesnt die, but it is greatly weakened so thinking quickly I raise my foot and kick it off my sword straight into the portal throwing a cultist in just to make sure. One of the last two is crouching near the pentagram "pathetic, leave now or die with the rest of them." I say
He takes that as his chance to escape and runs as though the daemon they had summoned was now on his heels. "twenty-nine." I say as I walk over to the leader.
"Thirty." I say as I grab my dagger, twisting it in his guts, and lift his hood.
I gasp, louder than I have ever before. This was no simple cult leader, this was an order lieutenant.

Dr.FeelGood GOLD, Allemen, Iowa

"is oxygen a gas?" brought to us by my friend the blonde.

well done but work on the begining the story is held back by it. with a little work this will be awesome