Damnation | Teen Ink

Damnation

By RailGun BRONZE, Saugerties, New York
RailGun BRONZE, Saugerties, New York

If I could hold onto any moment, what little thing could it be? I can’t fully remember what it was after these many years of travel. I have been traveling the nexus of memory for fourteen years now. The nexus is just an interstellar highway of memories, my memories to be more accurate. I can relive a moment in my life from my birth to the point where I entered the nexus. I have relived every happy, every sad, and every in between memory, but there is one I can’t seem to relive. No matter how I want it, no matter how hard I try to relive it. The one I need to change no matter what. I just need five minutes to change what I said, what I did. If I could do that maybe, just maybe she wouldn’t have died. I was angry I didn’t mean to say what I said. I drove her away with hateful words, so now I walk this endless highway of memories reliving the happiest, the saddest memories but, I can never find that moment. I can never say, “I’m sorry.”

I was asked if I could hold on to any moment what would it be.I choose to fictional story instead where the character could hold on to any moment but not the one they want to hold on to