Pushed | Teen Ink

Pushed

By CK1997 SILVER, Christiansburg, Virginia
CK1997 SILVER, Christiansburg, Virginia

We can't choose where we come from but can choose where to go from there

There is Alexandria standing on stable ground. Her feet firmly grounded like a strong tree setting her roots down. Then everything changed when she was chopped down with one hit to her fragile heart. As she laid on the ground, the one who chopped her down started to drag her to the end of her universe. With every bit of strength she had left was trying to break free and run. They finally reached the end it was a cliff down to a dark sea below. Alexandria drew her last gasp of air in her lungs as they pulled her of the cliff. All feeling in her body and mind disappeared expect one. The rush of air against her skin. It was so peaceful. Then her body hit the angry sea below.  Everything peaceful became a dark nightmare. Under the water was the past. It was the sound of screams that consumed her all at once. The demons watched Alexandria slowly consumed and just smiled in a very malevolent way. The current kept dragging her deeper into the nightmare. The visions she hid in the back of her mind quickly came back. Every vision was worse than the last one. It felt never ending!

Finally the visions were disappearing. Yet, the people who ever hurt Alexandria appeared in front of her. They started to scream at once. Each of them spoke of the haunting past and how weak she was during all the events. Alexandria couldn't take it anymore and screamed. The scream pushed all the pain from the past away. Finally, there was light above. It lifted her out of the water. She was trying to breathe once again. Slowly her strength came back. The light placed Alexandria on the ground. It was a new beginning for her. She stood tall once again and planted her feet down on a new journey of life.