The Fantasy Forest Island | Teen Ink

The Fantasy Forest Island

January 28, 2015
By Robez2015 PLATINUM, Centerville, Iowa
Robez2015 PLATINUM, Centerville, Iowa
22 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"- Sam Montgomery from A Cinderella Story.


One summer night Sydney was awoken by a bright flash of lightning. She couldn’t fall back asleep so she got up and went to her library. She was randomly looking at the books looking for one to easy her restlessness. She finally stopped and picked up a big book with a red  glossy covering. All of a sudden Mr. Linden, her butler, appeared and advised her not to read the book. She said ok and put it back, waiting until Mr. Linden left to grab the book. She ran into her room and jumped on her bed and opened the book. After reading a few chapters she fell asleep only to be woken up by the sound of rumbling rocks and running water. When she opened her eyes she was wrapped up in the vines growing from the book  She was sucked into the book, in a whole other world. She was dressed in only her black zebra monokini, wondering where her clothes had gone. She started walking along the bank where the waterfall was plummeting. All of a sudden she heard a loud yell like from the movie Tarzan. She looked all around her, but there was nothing nor anyone there. She looked behind her again and there was a blonde haired, blue eyed, six foot tall boy. Sydney immediately fell in love with him due to his god like physique.


“Hi, I’m Jake”, he said very sweetly.


“I’m Sydney”, she said nervously. Sydney and Jake hung out for hours until Sydney was woken by cold water being splashed on her. She was so mad at her mom; she had awoken her from her perfect world. Sydney got up for about ten minutes then went back to sleep. She woke in her fantasy world laying next to Jake in a hammock hanging about twenty feet in the air.


“Jake, get us down”, she said frantically. They finally got down and held hands as they walked along the shore of the island for hours. She could hear her mom saying, “Get out of bed lazy bones”. She got up until her mom went downstairs then went back to Jake in her fantasy world. When she got back Jake was tied up, he signaled for her to run but when she turned to run The Dark Queen was standing behind her. She was dressed in a little red dress, a cape and a black headband with a red ace on it. She had in her hand a vial of red liquid and she said, “Drink it or the boy dies”.


She then pulled out a small knife and held it to Jakes throat. She grabbed the vial and force herself to wake up. She threw the vial in her trash can and reentered the island behind the queen. She kicked the queen in the back of her head, efficiently knocking the queen out. Sydney and Jake ran for it; they arrived at Jakes home. He told his parents that Sydney saved him from the dark queen. His parents made a room for Sydney and told her that she could stay as long as she liked. She woke up in her own bed , she was so disappointed. She tried to fall back asleep but it didn’t work. She read more of the story and fell asleep after a couple chapters yet again in her dream world. When she awoke in the dream world Jake was leaning over her, so she pulled his head down for a kiss. Jake’s mom walked into his room and asked if she could speak to jake alone. He got up and walked out of the room; his mom following. She could hear every word of their conversation.


“She’s not real”, Jake’s mom said.


“Yes she is and I love her”, he said in a matter of fact tone. Jake came in the room and Sydney was right there and she threw her arms around Jake’s neck and they hugged for what felt like an eternity. She loved him too, but could she stay in his world. They went for a walk on the shore.


Sydney was awoken by a blown horn. She was very angry with her mother so she called her a b****. Sydney was then grounded and her mother took her book. She took the book and locked Sydney in her room while she burned the book. Sydney cried herself to sleep, but when she fell asleep she returned to Jake. The island was on fire as she arrived. She told Jake what had happened and why the island was on fire. His family tried putting out the fire, but to no avail. Sydney went back to her reality and ran downstairs to put out the fire; she then grabbed the book and ran upstairs locking the door behind her. She returned to the island to find the fire gone but there was debris everywhere. Jake’s people declared Sydney a hero; Jake gave her a spell she could recite to stay there forever. She took it even though she knew it would hurt her little sister she wanted to stay with Jake. Sydney held off on using the spell so she could talk it over with her sister. While they were busy rebuilding the houses that had burnt down in the fire, Sydney’s sister played with the other children. A thought crossed her mind ‘Would the spell work on my sister too’.


“Hey Jake, would the spell possibly work on my sister too”, Sydney asked.


“Yea if you hold her hand while reciting it”, he said smiling.


Sydney went back to her sister and grabbed her hand saying, “We’re going to stay here ok, so we won’t have to deal with mom’s drunken rage ok”. Her sister shook her head ok. She held her sisters hand while reciting the spell. There was a flash of light and a the colors fell in the shape of a dome around the island. Jake had killed the queen while Sydney was bringing her sister so he was now the king and Sydney was the queen. They adopted her little sister Mia so she was the princess. Jake and Sydney got married and they lived happily as the royalty of the land.