Ronnie the Robot | Teen Ink

Ronnie the Robot

By Lovasminator BRONZE, Pasco, Washington
Lovasminator BRONZE, Pasco, Washington

After hours of walking through the hot, lonely dessert Ronnie was starting to overheat. As he's walking he trips on something hard poking out from the ground, making a loud 'clink' sound. If he was human he would have been on the ground feeling a pulse on his leg and a stinging pain at how hard he hit the object. Ronnie gets up and looks to see what it was that he tripped on. There was some type of box corner sticking out of the ground. Ronnie used his x-ray vision to see through the ground and saw what looked like a treasure box.

He got down on his robotic steel knees, some of the sand going through his steel calves. He turned his right hand into a small shovel and started digging up the box. After removing all the dirt around the treasure box, he pulled the box out and set it beside him. The box had what looked like Egyptian lettering, Ronnie tried to translate it but he wasn't able to because Dr. Harvey, his creator, didn't program him to be able to translate many languages, he was only the second prototype of this invention so he wasn't finished yet. There was also a lock on it, so Ronnie used his laser eyes to melt the lock off. Ronnie then opened the treasure box and found gold inside of it, he didn't know what gold was, but thought Dr. Harvey would like to see this and maybe have some use for it. So Ronnie closed the treasure and lifted it and took it with him to try and find Dr.Harvey.

Dr. Harvey didn't notice Ronnie the robot was missing until he decided to work on him after all his meetings and lunch. He tried to locate him but he wasn't able to so he started to freak out because Ronnie was the future, he would know every language there is and he would teach the children of the future every language. Everyone would be able to communicate with each other around the world. Ronnie was the future of this world.

After hours of walking in the dessert Ronnie started to get overheated and started malfunctioning. His strenght would come and go, so it got harder for him to carry the treasure box. Ronnie was getting weaker and weaker every minute he spent lost in that dessert, his hands would turn into different objects, his laser eye vision would go off randomly sometimes it would get him in the arm, luckily he can't physically feel anything, but there was an awful burnt smell everytime that happened. After hours of malfunctioning Ronnie fell on his knees as sparks came out of his robotic steel body causing him to shot off, falling to the sandy hot dessert ground. He was never able to locate the laboratory, because Dr.Harvey never programmed him to be able to locate it. The wind picked up and over time Ronnie and the treasure box were buried in the dessert.