The revenge | Teen Ink

The revenge

By AndrewDeming BRONZE, Warsaw, Indiana
AndrewDeming BRONZE, Warsaw, Indiana

11 September 2015
The Revenge
Crunch,Crunch,Crunch. I could hear the footsteps coming from in front of me. I could see a dark shadow from the bright moon move in the dirt path in front of me move past. “He is here, I can smell him” said a gruff voice. The leaves were tickling me face, so I jerked my head.  “In the bush!” the gruff voice said. Then I could hear footsteps getting louder and louder. I could see a leg, so I leaped out of the bush and immediately tackled the orc. My face was cut up from the twigs when I jumped out of the bush; I quickly unsheathed my knife quickly and stabbed him in the throat with no hesitation. A small stream of warm blood squirted on my face. I removed my knife and sheathed it on my belt. The Orc was around seven feet tall and very muscular. I stood up and I could see a small figure running out of the woods.
I pulled my crossbow off my back and knocked an arrow. I aimed above the figure and fired. I waited a few seconds and the dark figure fell to the ground. I walked over to the corpse, and I saw a symbol on his back.
"I remember this symbol" I said to myself. Fire was everywhere I could hear screams of death. I could remember the deep voices of the orcs laughing from that day forward I met no other humans until I learned to read, write and speak at a nearby village I made no friends except for my teacher.
  Feeling tired I made a bed out of all the leaves I could find and rested. *chirp*chirp* I woke up. My neck was tight so I rubbed it. I walked over to the clearing and examined the corpse. It smelled of rotten cheese. I found the same symbol as the one from the larger Orc. I saw a glimmer near the orcs pocket. I bent over and opened its pocket and I found twenty gold coins. I put the coins in my pouch on my belt. My stomach grumbled. I looked in the sky I could see smoke rising above the bright green trees.
I rushed toward the smoke, the smell of smoke was getting stronger. soon I could make out a bright red flame burning. There were seven bodies on the ground covered in blood and dark black dirt. The fire was on a small wood shelter. I rushed over to the dead bodies. I could tell that they were killed a few hours ago. I walked around the shelter, I could see clear blue water ahead I could also see a bow shaped print on the white soft sand.
"That explained the Orcs" I said to myself I looked around and found a torn sail. I walked over to the sail and cut off the parts that were torn with my knife. I also found a pile of driftwood. I should make a bout to find where where the Orcs traveled. I had everything except for a rudder and something to tie the boat together with. I grabbed my axe of my belt and carved a thick piece of wood into a blade shape and used the extra to make a holder for the rudder. I saw a large leaf about as tall as a two story building. I cut the leaf part off and used the stem to tie the logs together and put the  leaves of the raft to make a soft spot were I could lay on. The sun was setting and I grabbed some dried leaves and made a torch. I pushed the boat off and jumped on the back, I suddenly moved forward from the strong gusts of wind. My eyelids were feeling heavy so I laid down on the boat and suddenly sleep took me over.
I woke up to see the sun rising up I looked at the water surrounding me I saw no movement I looked forward and I could see a large stone fort. I was in awe, I had never seen a structure so large in my life. "I need to check this out" I thought. I took my crossbow and tip toed to the gate so no one could hear me. I saw a hole In the gate and a stuck my eye in it and all I could see was black and I waited for my eye to adjust to the inside of the fort. When I was able to make out what was inside I could see no one.
I grabbed my axe and chopped ferociously until there was a big enough hole to walk into. I walked into the black room. As I walked in I could instantly smell fresh wood shavings. This place was just made I said to myself. I saw a ladder and I ran to it and climbed up it. As I climbed I looked down and I could see that I was quite far up my stomach clenched up but I kept climbing. The pain grew worse and worse. When I finally made it to the top I fell on my side in the felt all position and i could hear footsteps on the wood. Looked straight up I could see a small man with a sword. I used all my strength to get up. I rushed toward him and grabbed him by the hair and held him over the edge of the fort.
"What is this place?” I barked at the man. The man had no response. I let go with my right hand and grabbed my knife. I drew it to his hair in which I was holding and repeated this time in a angrier voice"what is this place?" I spat in his face and cut his hair.
Quickly I grabbed him by the throat and said, “What IS THIS PLACE” I  screamed at him “ This is the orcs hideout,” he said in a scratchy slow voice. I threw him behind me. Then i went up to him and helped him up.  “help me find the orcs or I’ll kill you” I said.
“ Fine, I’ll help you find them”he said in the same scratchy voice. He climbed back down and I followed. He walked to the middle of the room and took a knee he placed his hand on the ground and started brushing the sand away. A wooden hatch appeared. he opened it. I could hear yelling and screaming. It must be the orcs I thought. I looked down and could see hundreds of orcs. It was about 100 feet deep. I grabbed the man quickly by the throat and released him down. He tried the grab the edge of the hatch but slipped. he made no sound falling down. I looked down and no orc had noticed the falling man. The man hit six orcs, four were dead but two just fell. Quickly I could see a mass of orcs coming up the ladder very quickly. I waited until the first one in line was about five feet away. I quickly drew my bow and put my very special arrow on it. i aimed for the first ones throat and fired bodies fell down one after another after another. I felt relief after every body that fell down, Because I knew that it would be that much easier to kill their leader.
The leader that slaughter everyone in my village. The one who was going to die last. After about fifty bodies fell, I felt rage and i jumped down. I felt and heard a loud snap when I landed. I grabbed my axe and sliced like crazy by my feet. It was like an elevator everybody that died added to a stack that kept going down faster and faster. As I reached the bottom. I was standing on a mountain of dead orcs. As the bottom hit I looked around and i realized that I was still twenty feet up. The pile of dead quiet bodies fell over. I ran down the falling bodies but as I looked down bodies were falling from under me. One fell right when i stepped i fell along with the orcs. I still had my crossbow and axe out. I saw their king on a golden throne. he just sat there. no emotion. he was very fat and had a very long grey beard that touched to his feet. I looked around quickly and there were no orcs in sight. As I walked toward him Ispotted a rise in the dirt right in front of his throne. I looked above and there was a large boulder hanging from the ceiling. I knew it was trapped. I sheathed my axe and knocked an arrow on my crossbow. I aimed at him then quickly aimed up at the boulder. The boulder came down and I could hear a very very loud scream after it fell. I went up to the boulder and I saw his head. I checked his pulse… nothing was there. climbed up the ladder and made my way back to the ship. I took off back where I came in the hope of finding more orcs to kill.