Swimming | Teen Ink

Swimming

The birds were chirping and the sun was shining bright on a summer morning.  The sun reflected off of the bright blue water.  Sammie was alone and it was all peaceful until a school of fish swam towards him.  The fish came out of a big metal pipe that was blowing many different sized bubbles. It was a very odd pipe and it always seemed to make interesting, creepy sounds.  The pipe was just a pipe that filtered the pool and took all of the junk from the pool and went through the pipe into a stream.
There was about 50 of the fish.  They were all slowly swimming towards his ankle.  He tried to swim away but they started coming closer and closer.  He wasn’t a very good swimmer and so they would catch up to him very easily. He was about 1 foot away from them but they started coming faster and they started biting him too!
There was a knife in the pool. He wondered why that was in there but he dove under water and grabbed it and tried to slice some of the fish. He only killed about 2 and there was blood everywhere so he decided to not slice them with the knife.  He threw the 2 fish he killed into the stream behind his pool.
He started to swim away because they were slowly covering his body and there was lots of floaties and tubes right in front of him that he could hop onto. He decided to get on top of one of the tubes. All of the fish fell off of him when he got in the water but they got onto the outside of the tube and got into the hole on the bottom of the tube and got back on him. He put the floaties that were floating by him in the hole so the fish couldn’t get in through that way and sat in the hole. The floaties didn’t really stay strong for a while so he just decided to float to the edge of the tube. They surrounded his ankle and then started pulling him down into the water. He was done with these goldfish and so he flung his leg so hard the fish slowly floated off of him. While he was kicking, he swatted them away and that also helped get them off.
He swam towards a pipe in the center of the pool that sucked up all of the dirt and leaves. (He had lots of pipes that sucked up all of the dirty stuff that came into it and so the pool was super clean.  The goldfish started following him which isn’t a surprise) and the pipe slowly sucked up all of the fish.
After Sammie got out of the pool he started to think of anything he had done to make them angry and start biting him. He hadn’t done anything wrong.   He was just swimming in his pool that he had gotten and they came and ruined it.  They never had come out before. Sammie had swam in his pool everyday this summer and they hadn’t come out till now. 
Sammie’s house was right behind a stream and he found all sorts of bugs and fish. He had found almost every kind of frog you could think of!  Even a ZEBRA frog.  He also found lots of ladybugs floating on the top of the water. Once during the night, Sammie went swimming in his pool and he looked out the back of his backyard and he found a  M I L L I O N of little tiny dragonflies just chillin’ on the lily pads. They lit up the whole entire stream. You could see to the bottom of the stream because of all their light. There were lots of little bugs squirming around in the dirt.