Comedy | Teen Ink

Comedy

March 29, 2019
By Anonymous

Actor 1: Hello fellow humans of my school! I’m Actor 1 and that's Actor 2. Today we will talk to you guys about a part of our middle school that everybody despises; the office. Us students here have been to the office at one point in our lives. At Pinecrest you can get sent to the office for just about anything, you can cough and get sent down to talk to Mr. Boylan ( attempt at hyperbole).

Actor 2: Seriously, you do anything you get sent down to the office. You have your phone in your pocket, talk during a fire drill, or break a kids arm. You will always end up in the office.  (attempt of rule of three)

Actor 1: We also have some girls with pretty short skirts in our school, when they walk by the office they suddenly become nuns, but the best part is when Ms. Pisani sprints at them with a ruler. That’s always fun to watch. (hyperbole and irony).

Actor 2: The thing is, only girls end up getting dress-coded. Any guy could show up with just his socks on and go on with his day as if nothing wrong but if a girl shows up with a hoodie the wrong shade of gray she will get sent straight down to the office with a conduct report and an hour long detention. (Attempt at irony).

Actor 1: So the office can be kinda stupid sometimes for the amount of trouble you can get in for the smallest stuff and stupid is bad therefore the office is bad. (attempt at logical non-sequitur).

Actor 2: Before I went to the office to talk to Mr. Boylan I thought it would be scary. Now that I have, I know it is (attempt at reversal).

Actor 1: The worst thing that can happen would be an expulsion The worst thing that could happen is getting expelled. But getting expelled only ruins your chances for getting into a good college which then leads to a bad job which then leads to no money which then leads to depressing life. No biggie! (attempt at litote).


The author's comments:

It is a stand up comedy about our school