I’ve caught the White Stagg | Teen Ink

I’ve caught the White Stagg

By GRT BRONZE, Miami, Florida
GRT BRONZE, Miami, Florida

Bonjour Mr Stagg, I'd welcome you to Switzerland, but it doesn’t look like your visit will last long. I'm on a bit of a tight schedule so forgive me if I don't pay attention to your questions, or anything you say for that matter. I recently learned some very interesting information about you, Simon. I wouldn’t open that door if I were you. You see I’ve been watching you and I’ve learned quite a lot. Like how you've been embezzling funds from your pharmaceutical company. Or how you've been cheating on your wife for the past five years. Interestingly, neither your fellow shareholders nor your wife hired me. You see, I’m in the...pest control business and you, Mr. Stagg, are someone's pest. Your son's pest it appears. I don't know what you could have done to your son but I’m sure someone like your deserves this. Don't turn the lights on, you can see enough. Usually this is the part where I say “Nothing Personal, it’s just business” but this. Is. Personal. I've carried out 241 hits Mr. Stagg, so know that you are dealing with a professional. Do you know what that means, Mr Stagg? It means I’m the best in the business, and I never let a mark get away. Before I leave you to your nightmares, Mr Stagg, I want you to remember a day about ten years ago. You were facing charges of embezzling, though no one would dare prosecute you. Finally, A young, naive lawyer decided to take a stand against you. One word to your “guys” and that lawyer was at the bottom of the river. Do you remember that day Mr. Stagg? I do. That day I died with my sister. So I'm going to make your death slow, painful, and the most terrifying thing you've ever faced. That's why I came over today, Mr. Stagg. To let you know what’s coming. To let you see the face of the man who will destroy you, though you don't deserve such honor. Don't panic Simon, enjoy yourself. Spend some of that embezzled money. Take your mistress out for a nice dinner. Pray, if you believe God will save you. I'll be watching. The man I once was would   have done this job for free; gone through the “law”. That man was a fool. So I’ll be accepting your son's payment, I think it’s poetic that way. Your men will try to stop me, They might be on their way right now. But I have something you people will never have. Conviction. In reality, I don’t want it to end. The hunt. You are special prey, Mr Stagg. But you’ll die, like anything else. I’ve said what I need to say, Enjoy your time in Switzerland. You won't be seeing me again, Mr. Stagg, but I’ll see you. In hell.

This monologue was written as a project for a drama class where we had to write and perform our own monologues.