The day it all changed | Teen Ink

The day it all changed

My attic is a creepy place it has the old plates to old letters from the old owner. But there is something weird about my attic like you can hear things moving at night. But one night it wasn’t only things moving it was things talking. My attic is not easy to get into. There is three entries to it one in by birds room if you enter there they scream. One in the apartment connected to my house. And one in the main hall way which is where all the bedrooms are. So one night I was awakened bye something walking around my  attic and I got scared as anyone would be. So I got my bat from  under my bed and hugged it. Then I saw someone walk down the ladder from the attic. The person looked like my old step dad. I didn’t like my old step dad. I wanted to hit him so bad.  He looked around the hall and looked in my room to see if I was awake. I hide the bat under the covers. I pretended to sleep. He did not notice me fake sleeping. Then he walked into my little brothers room. He was my little brothers dad.  When he got far enough away from the door I got up and walked to my door with the bat and ran up behind him and hit him on the head with the bat. He went to the ground and made a boom. My older brother ran up from the basement and looked at our  old step father and ran in my moms room and awaken her from her sleep.  She ran out of her room with her phone talking to 911. The police came fast and my little brother was still sleeping by the time they came.  At this time it was 3am. My little brother awakened at 3:30 am to the cuffs. He saw his dad in cuffs for the first time.