The Vampire Chronicles: Part 1-Allison (4) | Teen Ink

The Vampire Chronicles: Part 1-Allison (4)

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

I waited for about three minutes, and then I heard something move in the bushes behind me. I looked all around me, but still saw nothing. And then I stood up, ready to walk back home, when someone grabbed my arm.
"Ahh!" I let out a short, high-pitched shriek.
"Shh!" A pale hand, that was almost glowing in the moonlight, covered my mouth. I squirmed and struggled to break free of the persons tight grasp, but couldn't manage to.
Then, without even thinking it through, I bit down as hard as I could on the persons hand. The hand uncovered my mouth, but was still holding my shoulders tightly.
"Who are you?!?" I shouted. And then I craned my head around to see who it was. Alexander.
"Hello Allison Becker. Nice to formally meet you." His tone was casual as if we were just having a nice chat.
"What do you want from me?" I asked.
"Oh, Allison, so funny." He chuckled and shook his head. I scowled in return and asked again.
"I said what do you want from me!"
"Don't worry. You'll find out soon enough." He smiled at me the same way as before.
"What did you do with my mother?" I asked.
"Like I said, don't worry. Your mother is perfectly safe."
"Well let her go!"
"I'm afraid I can't do that."
"Why?!?" I shouted in frustration.
"Because I haven't gotten everything I want yet."
"And what is it you want?"
He smiled at me again, "You."
"M-m-me?" I asked nervously. "But why?"
"Oh, Allison. I've been watching you and your mom for a very long time. I have big plans for you two. Now if you would just----"
"Stop right where you are! Let go of the girl and put your hands where I can see them!" officer Deblin shouted. Alexander immediately dropped my shoulders and I ran over to officer Deblin.
"Oh my gosh! That guy is a crazy stalker! H-h-he…" I choked on my last words as tears began streaming down my cheeks.
"Don't worry. Everything is ok." officer Deblin said in a soothing voice. I watched in fear as officer Camden handcuffed Alexander. Even though Alexander was most likely about to get whisked off to jail, he still was calm as ever. And he still had that same haunting smile on his face, his eyes locked on me.
I quickly looked away and began taking deep breaths to stop myself from sobbing anymore. My gaze followed Alexander as officer Camden led him to his police car. And right before officer Camden shut the car door, Alexander stuck his foot out to stop him.
"Sir, please keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle." officer Camden informed him, sounding annoyed.
"I just have one last thing to say. Allison," he said, loud enough so that I could hear him, "I would just like you to know that you havn't seen the last of me. I will come back for you. And I will-----"
"Just get inside the car!" Officer Camden shoved his foot in and slammed the door. Then he walked around to the drivers seat and hopped in. He started up the car and drove off down the street.
"Are you ok? Did he harm you in any way?" asked officer Deblin.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I sniffled and looked down at the ground. "I'm really sorry about coming here tonight. I should have listened to you. I just want to find my mom! I'm so worried about her."
"It's ok. Just get in the car and you can tell me what happened when we get back to your house." He gestured for me to get inside of his police car. So I climbed into the passengers seat and stared out the window for the one-and-a-half-minute car ride home.
When we arrived back at my house, me and officer Deblin both sat across from eachother at my kitchen table.
"So tell me exactly what happened." Officer Deblin pulled out his notepad and pen again to take more notes.
"Well I got to the park and nobody was there, so I sat down on a bench. After a couple of minutes I stood up to walk back home and then someone grabbed me. They covered my mouth with their hand, so I bit it. Then they uncovered my mouth and I turned my head to see who it was. I saw that it was Alexander."
"Ok. Go on." His hand moved rapidly across his notepad.
"So then I asked him what he wanted with me. He told me that I'd find out soon, so I asked him where my mom was. He said she was safe, so I told him to let her go. He said that he couldn't do that and so I asked him why. And he said because he hasn't gotten what he wanted yet. I asked him what he wanted and he said me. Then you guys showed up."
"I see." He put the cap back on his pen and put away both that and the notepad.
"Um, did you find out any information on him? Because you said that you would tell me if you did." I reminded him.
"I was just getting to that actually. Well, we found out that he has had two wifes. Both of them died due to unknown causes. He dropped out of high school in the middle of senior year, he doesn't have a criminal record, atleast not yet. Although, he has been suspected for both deaths of his wives, but not proven guilty."
"And that's it?" I pressed on.
"Well there is one more thing." He sighed heavily. "Before your father died, he worked in the same engineering company as him."
My heart stopped, my eyes bulged, and my adrenaline raced at full speed. "He worked with my father?" I asked in shock. Officer Deblin looked at me sympathetically and I knew the answer was yes.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of officer Deblin's voice. I looked over from where I was laying on the couch. Officer Deblin was at the front door talking to Natalie. I got up and walked over to them.
"Hey, Natalie. What are you doing here?" I asked.
"I just wanted to ask why you weren't at school on Friday. I was going to ask you yesterday, but I had a cheerleading competition and didn't have enough time to stop by." she replied.
"Oh. Well it's kind of a long story. Actually it turns out that my mom is missing and there's this crazy stalker guy named Alexander who's after me." I explained. The shocked look on her face told me that this was not the story she was expecting.
"Oh my gosh! That's crazy! Wow! I feel so bad for you!" she exclaimed. "Well I should probably go home then, so you can finish the whole police search thing. Good luck with finding your mom." she smiled and walked to her Volvo. Then she pulled out of my driveway and drove down the street.
"That was just my friend, Natalie." I informed officer Deblin.
"I kind of figured that out." he replied. "Well I'm gonna get back to work." he told me. Then he walked away and I was once again alone.

Here's chapter 4, enjoy! Please comment and rate!

BeautifulSimplicity BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri

We keep it light, until it's time to go dark. Then we go pitch black.

haha i know right, ho does that

Mykindapeopledontcarewhatyouthink BRONZE, Gueydan, Louisiana
I know huh? What person just walks up then says wow im sorry bye! It's crazy. But it's a great story

yup i knew it was Alexander, lol, what up with natalie she not a real friend is she,ohh and looooovvvveeeeee the story

lol, yeah well later you'll find out that natalie's not exactly the bestest friend for allison. :)

unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be" -anonymous

I like it, but when I read the whole part with Natalie it dwindled down. If she was really her friend, wouldn't she be upset about Allison's mom missing? sry for my bluntness :) i like it though