The Vampire Chronicles: Part 1-Allison (7) | Teen Ink

The Vampire Chronicles: Part 1-Allison (7)

September 30, 2009
By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.


I woke up with tears streaming down my cheeks and a bandage around my arm where Alexander bit into. How long had I been unconscious?
"You're awake. You've been out for about four hours." Alexander informed me. I looked around to find that I was in what looked like a small bedroom. The bed I was laying on was soft and comfortable, with white sheets and a beige comforter. There was a desk, a dresser, a clock, and a small bedside table in the room too, but besides that it was pretty empty.
"This is our guestroom." Alexander explained. "You better get used to sleeping here, because it's your new room."
"But it's tiny. No fair." I replied with a glare. I began to sit up, but my arm went into a spasm of pain. "Ouch!"
"It will be gone soon." he told me. "Now stop complaining about room size and be lucky I don't make you sleep in the attic."
I glared at him. "Where is my mom?" I asked.
"She's taking a nap. She hasn't had much rest lately."
"Oh." I sighed and decided to go back to sleep. At least I wouldn't be able to feel the burning sensation my arm was going through. So I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.
While I slept, I dreamed of myself as a vampire. I dreamed that I was running around my neighborhood ripping trees right out of the ground and throwing them at passing cars. Then I would go over to the car and suck the blood of any person that was inside. Then Alexander walked up to me. He saw the dead bodies laying in the car and the blood on my hands.
"Nice catch." he complimented. I smiled my thanks and before I knew it, I was on Alexander's back, running through a forest.
I woke up in the middle of the dream screaming. That was more like a nightmare than a dream.
"You ok?" Alexander asked as he walked into my room.
"Why should you care?" I muttered under my breath. He rolled his eyes and walked out. This was going to be a long night.
The next morning I woke up to find that my arm was still in pain. It wasn't as bad as the night before, but it still really hurt. Alexander must have been lying when he told me it would go away soon. He's done a lot of lying lately.
I got out of bed and walked into the hallway. Rooms lined the hall and most of the doors were closed. I wasn't sure what to do next so I randomly started knocking on doors, hoping to find my mom's room.
The first door I knocked on, nobody answered so I walked in. It was just a bathroom. The second, nobody answered so I walked in. Just a laundry room. Third door.
"Yes?" a voice called out from the other side. The voice wasn't familiar.
"Um...who's in there?" I asked.
A tall, blonde woman around the age of twenty opened the door. "Hello, I'm Gabriella. You must be Allison." she sounded bored out of her mind.
"Uh, yeah. So who are you exactly?" I was still confused as to why she was here.
"I'm Alexander's sister." she explained.
"Oh. Do any of your other relatives live here?"
"No, just me, Alexander, your mother, and now you."
"Ok. Well sorry for bothering you. Bye." I waved awkwardly and walked to the next door.
Alexander opened it.
"How nice of you to finally wake up." he greeted me.
"Why didn't you tell me you had a sister?"
"You never asked." he replied with a smirk.
"Whatever. Which room is my mom's?"
"Why do you want to know?" he asked.
"I need to talk to her. Is that ok with you?" I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows.
"Fine. Two doors down." He slammed the door in my face and I stalked off down the hall. I knocked on my mom's door and she opened it.
"What's up?" she asked.
"Mom, can we talk?"
"Of course!" she smiled and motioned for me to come in and sit on her bed.
"I don't want you to marry Alexander. And I don't want to be a vampire!" I told her. A look of disappointment spread across her face.
"Well that's just too bad. You've already been bit, so you're going to be a vampire, like it or not. And why on earth wouldn't you want me to marry Alexander? He's the perfect guy."
"No he's not! Besides, how could you marry someone who killed your own husband?"
"Forget about that. That was the past, it's time to look on to the future. And in the future you will be a vampire and Alexander will be your stepfather."
"No. I won't let you do it. I may be on my way to becoming a vampire, but there is no way I'm going to let you marry that psycho path. Once I become a vampire I'll have enough strength to kill him. And that's exactly what I'm going to do."
My mom had a look of disappointed shock on her face as I walked out of her room, but I didn't care. She can be as surprised as she wants, I'll still kill him. Although, when I thought this idea through, it sounded less and less appealing. I didn't want to be a killer. That would just mean that I was stooping down to Alexander's level.
I sighed as I walked back into my mom's room.
"Mom, I won't kill Alexander. But I won't let you marry him either!" I told her.
"Sweetie, I know it doesn't sound like a good idea now, but you'll grow into it. You'll realize just how much you like Alexander, eventually." she encouraged me.
"Like that'll ever happen." I remarked with an eye-roll. "And by the way, today is Sunday which means I have school tomorrow." I reminded her.
"Well, I'll call you in sick then, because you're not going to school tomorrow. In fact, you won't be able to go back to school until me and Alexander can trust you to keep our secret. If you let anyone else know that we're vampires, we'll all be in big trouble! Plus you won't be able to tame your thirst since you'll be a newborn vampire."
"Well I'm gonna have to go back to school eventually. Or else they'll send somebody over to our house, asking why I've been out so long." I defended myself.
She sighed and crossed her arms. After thinking it through she replied, "Fine. I guess you'll have to go to school soon. But when you go, you'll be a vampire, so you have to control your thirst." she explained.
"No problem." I replied. Then I walked out of her room and strolled back down the hallway to my own room. "Ugh." I complained, looking around my tiny room. I seriously hated my new life.
I didn't know what to do next, so I sat down on my bed and began peeling the bandage off of my arm. I wanted to see what the bite mark looked like. After finally removing the bandage, I looked at my arm. The bite mark was red and horrifying. I quickly wrapped the bandage back around my arm.
Ding Dong
I heard the doorbell ring out from the living room. I opened my door and saw Alexander walking over to the living room to answer it.
"Hello, Mike." he greeted officer Deblin. I scowled when I saw him.
"Hi, Alexander. So is Allison here?" he asked.
"Yep. I think she's in her new room right now."
"Well I'm glad your plan worked out well." he congratulated him.
"I couldn't have done it without you."
"Glad I could help." he smiled. "Well, I think I'll be going now. I just wanted to check up on you and see if your plan worked out well."
"Alright, thanks for stopping by." Officer Deblin walked over to his police car, hopped in, and drove away. I closed my door and sat back down on my bed. I hated officer Deblin.
Later that night, Alexander knocked on my door.
"It's time for dinner." he declared.
"Ok." I followed him into the kitchen. It was amazing. All stainless steel appliances, a huge wooden table, an enormous, elegant chandelier, and all marble counters. I sat down at one of the wooden chairs and Alexander gave me my plate.
We were having grilled chicken with pasta salad that night. I took a bite of pasta salad. It was the best I'd ever had. The chicken was great too. It was grilled to perfection. "This is really good. Who made it?" I asked.
"That would be me." answered Gabriella.
"Wow! You're an amazing cook." I complimented.
"Thanks." she replied. The rest of the time was pretty quiet. After dinner I went straight to bed. Today had been a long day.


The author's comments:
Thanks for reading, comment and rate! :-)