My Saving Angel | Teen Ink

My Saving Angel

By BleedingRose PLATINUM, Frederic, Wisconsin
BleedingRose PLATINUM, Frederic, Wisconsin

*The darkness holds infinite possibilities.

(mine)

The cold water seemed to seep into my very skin, freezing my blood and bones. The sweater I wore did nothing against the cold river, water seeped through it and savagely tore at my skin. The sudden temperature drop shocked me, and I was tempted to just stop moving, curl up in a ball and float away. But I had to keep moving. Keep running. Loud, loping footsteps appeared at the bank and stopped. I chanced a look back. The wolf was there, twice the size of a large dog and with fur blacker then midnight. Its eyes glowed like pits of fire. And what were those pits of fire focused on? Me. Somehow their peircing depth burned through my freezing body, flame contrasting with ice to create pain. Still staring at me, and still not daring to venture in the water, the wolf pulled back its lips and snarled. Long, blood-stained teeth were revealed. There was no doubt in my mind the wolf had done this simply to frighten me, to tell me,
"Your going to die now."
I gave a little sob of helplessness, then plunged further out into the river to avoid the teeth of a monster. But I only ended up putting myself in more danger. Here in the middle of the river, a strong current threatened to sweep me under. I could no longer touch the bottom and keep my head above at the same time. My arms flailed wildly and my legs pumped in a panicked way, I was in a frenzy to stay alive. Water splashed around my face and smothered me. I was being sucked under, then spit up, and pulled into icey depths again. I choked and coughed, thrashed and pleaded to be saved. I prayed for my angel. But I was yanked under mid-breath, and took in water to my lungs. All the water seemed to weigh down on me, crushing me, chilling me, killing me slowly. My chest felt as though it would burst. But no, I could not let this happen. I had come too far to drown being pursued by a killer wolf. Too far. My head broke surface again, and I erupted into a world of coughing and gagging, my own drawed breath intermingling with unwanted water. Squinting water from my eyes, I saw a dark massive shape moving towards me. Glowing eyes and giant paws armed with deadly claws paddling towards me. The wolf too now had plummeted into the river, but it was much stronger then me. The current had little affect on the beast. He was headed straight for me, no more playing. My time to meet with death had come. I could no longer swim, after so much running and swimming exhaustion had overcome me. Coldness was taking over my body, I feld stiff and unable to even move a finger. My attempts to stay afloat were gone, all I could hope for was not to suffer any longer. The hypothermia and wolf were both drawing in on me, both much too close for comfort. Completely still now, the current dragged me in. I hardly noticed, I was slipping away slowly. But my eyes were still open, and I could see a golden glowing from the surface above me. The wolf's eyes. It had finally reached me. But no, wait. The wolf's eyes were a firey red, not gold, and certainly not as beautiful as the light above me. Then, a blurry but perfect hand appeared, and plunged itslef into the water, grabbing hold of my arm. I felt it pull up, and then I was rising up with it. I broke surface with the hand lifting me upwards, and saw the body it was connected to. An angel youth with wings sprouting from its back and brown curls on his head. He had come for me again, saved me once more. He hovered three feet above the raging river, glowing gold brighter then the moon behind him. His eyes, blue as truth, was far greater then any stars twinkling tonight. White, almost shining wings spread out behind my angel, looking as though they were made from clouds. I shivered, caught in his beauty, and he pulled me into a cradle against his sculpted chest. I could hear the river rushing and the wolf growling below us, but that was not the topic of my mind at the moment. I shivered harder still, my teeth chattering. I felt my arms creep around his neck as my head bent into his warm chest. He had come for me again, he didn't let me go. I could feel us beginning to rise as he took flight with me in tow, carrying me away. My angel was carrying me to safety.

(mine)

thank you for your comment, and i def will!  :)

-Rose

iluvnacho PLATINUM, Somewhere, Colorado

\"Find the beauty in the ugly\"-Jason Mraz 5-19-10
\"Be kinder than nessicary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.\" Unknown 11-29-10

AWWW! it's so sad, but then so hopeful towards the end! keep up the good work.

(mine)

Thanks! I noticed you read a bunch of my stuff, that makes me smile! Thanks again! :)

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality

this is very very very good!!!! my favorite so far besides missing identity!!!

(mine)

No prob! I'll definitely do that, I know how it feels to get a new comment!

sasssgirrrl22 PLATINUM, Pearl River, New York

"Giving up is not a part of my vocabulary."
"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."
"Truth be told I miss ya, truth be told I'm lying."

anytime. plz do me a favor and read/comment on some of my work. it would mean alot, and i only want to get better :))

(mine)

Thanks so much for the comment! I'm glad you read some of my other stuff, that keeps me writing! :)

oh this is really good! as u kno ive read Midnight Bite 2 XD ur very talented!

Wow