Destined | Teen Ink

Destined

By MissyxJoker SILVER, Rochester, New York
MissyxJoker SILVER, Rochester, New York

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
-Dr. Seuss

Why does everyone believe immortals to be these magnificent extraordinary exquisite creatures of the dark? Well I guess ignorance is bliss… Sometimes the truth is just too… intense? The truth hurts worst than a paper cut on the finger of a little human preschooler… It’s our nature mortal and immortal, to attempt to see the good in life. To preserve happy memories and block out the traumatic ones. That is unless you’ve been shadow kissed… like me…

You know better than to listen to the lies of goodness and truth but to listen to your instincts. The real truth lies not in the grasp of our hearts but the deep caverns of our brains, hidden away by the flashy glamorous lifestyle of the modern day. However, I haven’t been as lucky. I cease to remember the days of careless flock among the roses, ignorance blocking out the feel of thorns tearing at my flesh. No. Now I am not fortunate to smell the delicate sent only to feel the thorns. I believe the glass to be half empty.

If you knew my story you would be furious to know I now think in such depressing ways. You’d beg me to clean my eyes of the fog; however my eyes are crystal clear. I did not choose this life; I wish I could have been left to be… But destiny thought otherwise…

I have no idea, where I was going with this. I just sat down, with my laptop and my fingers practically twitched along the keys. I wanted to write something without planning or thinking; to just pull it from thin air. In the end, I got this.