Into the Darkness | Teen Ink

Into the Darkness

January 26, 2011
By hutsontyler BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
hutsontyler BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind." -Neil Armstrong


Looking into its blood red eyes you are frozen in fear. Then it consumes you till there is nothing left. Its dark claws ripping at your soul. If you had’t guessed already, I’m talking about my fear: the darkness. Just think a thing that can transform into anything, but its one true form is this: blood red eyes, claws as sharp as knives, and a body covered in a veil of pure evil. Its one true purpose is to devour children’s souls.

Each night when I was young I would hear this dreadful creature abhorrently scratching on my closet door; Scratch, Creek, was the sounds it made each and every night. I knew that if I didn’t react soon I would end up like all of its other victims. One night I woke up in a dead sweat. I vaguely saw the horrible beast enter my closet at the last second. “I have to finish this once and for all.” I thought to myself, “I need to make a plan, that thing is getting way to close.” So I quickly got out of bed and got to work on the plans.

The plan was simple. All I had to do was get in my closet, take care of the monster, and then get out. Easy enough, right? WRONG! I grabbed my baseball bat and a flashlight. Then I went to open my closet door. That’s when things went a wry. The beast was right there waiting for me. When he grabbed me, I dropped my bat. He then opened his mouth for the kill, and out came a stench so strong that it breaks glass. Crack, there went my windows. I then used my last defense, my flashlight. I turned it on, and the horrible thing screamed in pain. He dropped me to cover his wound. I quickly ran out of my closet to grab my other flashlight. The beast was right on my tail. I grabbed the other flashlight, turned around, and shined both lights in its face. Then I turned on my bedroom lights. The thing went to the floor. Smoke and steam came off it till there was nothing left. I had won. That thing would never hurt another kid ever again. Or that’s what I thought because the next day my neighbor’s kids went missing and, they were never found. Can you guess what happened to them?