Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

February 8, 2011
By Cheesehaead9 BRONZE, Grimes, Iowa
Cheesehaead9 BRONZE, Grimes, Iowa
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

On a dark gloomy night Gavin was having a sleepover with his two best friends Nick & Drew. Gavin’s parents went out to run some earns, and left the boys alone at home. As the boys were about to start a game of pool the boys heard a crashing sound up stairs they thought nothing of it they thought jack had knocked something over and they would clean it up after they were done down stairs. But what the boys didn’t know was that a guy had broke in through the back porch door and was now hiding in the porch. As the boys finished up playing they went up stairs and found out that there was no mess and jack was asleep in his kennel. They noticed that there was a storm coming in from the west. So the boys started a movie, as the movie started they heard another bang but this one was sounded far off and faint so the boys thought nothing of it. They thought it was probably a tree branch hitting a window because of the storm. So the boys continued to watch their movie until. Click. The power went out. Then all of a sudden the sound of breaking glass startled them. The boys were scared. They sat back to back to back to protect themselves from whatever was in the house. They stayed there for hours. Until they heard something come from the basement. They moved slowly towards the basement. They creped towards the back room where they thought they heard the sound. Then suddenly they heard glass shatter, and it came from the back room. As they entered the room they saw a black mass standing against the back wall. As they were about to say something the black mass disappeared. The boys looked all over for the thing they had seen in the corner of the room but they couldn’t find it. As they walked up stairs they heard footsteps in the kitchen. They rushed upstairs to find someone up stairs, but they found a mess on the kitchen floor of flour, chips, and the kitchen cupboards were open, and stuff was upside down and torn open. When they looked at the floor they saw footprints in the flour that lead to the screen door in the back of the house. All of a sudden they saw the screen door open hit the with so much force that it shattered the glass. The weird thing was that no one was there. As soon as they came out of their state of shock they realized that the back door was open to the deck and that is were the footprints stopped. The boy's were scared out of their minds.




12 Hours Later

They woke up on the kitchen floor, to find the fridge, TV, and lights to be on. As they woke up they heard the garage door open. The boys were still in a daze when Gavin's parents walked through the door. The parents were shocked when they walked through the door to see the mess on the floor and the water on the porch that had soaked everything on the porch. After awaking from their delusional state, they told Gavin's parents what happened the night before. The parents were stunned. They were wondering what that thing was last night they just couldn't figure it out what it was.



One night Nick, Gavin, and Drew were sitting around the table in Gavin's house when the lights went out again and Gavin said under his breath in a desperate type of a tone,” Here we go again."