The Window | Teen Ink

The Window

By raeee GOLD, Walla Walla, Georgia
raeee GOLD, Walla Walla, Georgia

"Would she hear me if I called her name? Would she hold me if she knew my shame? Would she even love me if I was to blame?" -Favourite poem ever♥

The window was always there, no matter what. I had always been able to see it. To feel its presence. It was always near, showing deadly parts off the spirit world. Revealing to me its secrets that were held within the depths of its image.

I was constantly cold because of the constant presence it had. It would fill up my soul with hate and despair, and he would walk behind me.

He was tall, about 10 feet, blacker than night and had a glowing red face. Only I could see him, and it was only me he wanted. His image haunted the crevices of my mind. He was always there, just like his window.

His glowing orange eyes reminded me of a dying fire. His hate filled heart was worse than the devil's himself. He had long nails that were shaped into claws, and a razor like grin he often had playing on his face.

He was often accompanied by a spider. A tall, spindly legged 'Zwel. It was almost as black as he was and had demonic red eyes accompanying its facial features. And his Skyrex looked more reptilian than bird like. Its feathers folded into scales and his talons were ugly and scaly within themselves. Its beak was twisted and sharper than a knife.

He would grin at me with those razor teeth, and beckon me to go through the window to accompany him. It was almost as if he was pleading with me.

My mind wanted to go. It wanted to see the adventures I could see through the door. It wanted to visit the cold, dark world and see what lay in store. But my conscious wanted to stay in the real world. It wasn't as scary as the spirit world, and it was a lot safer.

He still beckons me from time to time. "Come with me." he whispers in a hoarse voice. "Feed your soul."

But, I never did.