Simplex Ludis Mente, Corpore, et Cor: Introduction & Trial 1 | Teen Ink

Simplex Ludis Mente, Corpore, et Cor: Introduction & Trial 1

By imhereforthethought PLATINUM, Wayne, New Jersey
imhereforthethought PLATINUM, Wayne, New Jersey

I had an idea and it was favorable among enough people. Earlier today, while I was getting some supplies for tonight, I spotted many paths that could serve as trails into the deep, wooded mountain in the area. Tonight was a high school reunion, the ten year one for my graduating class.
While there I spotted friends and I spotted enemies, some of which in the same person. I told them about my idea, and gave those willing coordinates to a different point of entrance on the mountain. Some were clearly marked and artificial. Some were purely natural, and would make for a good climb right from the start. However for now there would only be one goal, navigate through the forest to get to a designated meeting spot, and survive. The latter would be hardly relevant now, but later could be a large factor. Now it was only 10 pm and everybody was accounted for at the end of Trial One. I observed that my friends followed the instructions they were given, as two of them had been discovered by others, they were now rising from their sleep as they had been choked by the ones who discovered them. Now everybody could see what I had set up. Weapons: all made from things found on the land, daggers, stones bound to sticks, mysterious plants, some bearing poison. Trial two would be to find or chart a course around part the mountain, then make it back to the designated point. Oh and of course, survive.

Welcome to the world that is my nightmare, my dream, and my fantasy. Non Amor et Amicitia Quadam Nocte.