Day of the Dead | Teen Ink

Day of the Dead

By ThomasWestfall GOLD, Newell, Iowa
ThomasWestfall GOLD, Newell, Iowa

Be The Change You Wish To See In The World
~Mahatma Gandhi

It was just a normal day at Para-X College in the New Orleans, at least thats what I was hoping it was going to be like. I was walking down the halls when I had my first encounter with a ghost. I saw a little figure of a little girl and she said something saying,”Leave before he gets you.”

I woke up the next morning in my dorm while my best friend Jake was trying to wake me up and with tears in his eyes I knew that something was up.”What’s wrong Jake” I exclaimed.

Jake answered,”Thomas, I heard a noise last night saying “Leave before he gets you.”Like what the heck is that all about.” I looked around and then I noticed a little dark figure in the corner. I pointed my finger to it and then Jake looked and he threw his unopened can of pop at it. We opened the door to our room and then we ran towards our dean’s office at the end of the hall. We knocked on the door and screamed out,”Mr. Greenfield, are you here!!!”

He then opened his door and said,”Thomas,Jake, why are you two at my office so early in the morning, you usually don’t come down for announcements this early in the morning.”

We looked at him and then I told him what had happened when I came back from the radio station to this morning when we saw the dark figure in our dorm room. Then Mr. Greenfield started saying things to himself like,”I thought this wasn’t going to happen till these two were graduated.” I then exclaimed,”Mr. Greenfield what are you talking about?” Then Mr. Greenfield whispered,”Well, I don’t know how to say it but, there is this day called The Day Of The Dead and what happens in that day is technically what happens in the bible, which is the rapture but in the day of the dead no one goes up into heaven. They must stay here and fight against the demons and this school is secretly a training facility in which everyone in this school has a “special” ability, like Thomas, you can strike fear into the demons and Jake, you have hands that can kill a demon in one punch but you both must fight together in this battle because the rest of the students are not trained enough yet but you two are!”

Me and Jake looked at each other and then we noticed that Mr. Greenfield was pulling a secret door that leads to a room with many demon killing devices. He told us to enter, so we did. But, when we walked in Mr. Greenfield told us to start packing up because we are going to need protective gear, weapons, and first aid kits. So I grabbed an outfit that had a label saying,”Demon Slaying Armor.” Jake and I both grabbed an outfit of that and we grabbed some holy hand grenades, holy laser guns, and my favorite, a burger with extra mustard. Jake then grabbed a bag full of landmines and some first aid kits. Mr. Greenfield noticed Jasmine walking into his office then he rushed her into the room with Jake and I. She grabbed the same stuff as me but she didn’t grab a burger, she grabbed a hotdog with extra mustard. Then we all ran outside looking at an army of about 5000 demons. I shot my holy laser gun and it blew up about 100 demons. Then the demons started charging, so I threw some holy hand grenades with blew up about 2900 demons which leaves about 2000 demons left. Then a demon leader comes after me and says,”That little girl in the hallway was talking about MEEE!!!” I got scared and then I fainted. Jake and Jasmine ran up towards me and Jake fixed me up with some first aid kits while Jasmine tried shooting down demons. But like I said, she tried because just then the demons all morphed together to make one huge demon the size of godzilla. I woke up and I said,” Jake watch out for that and pull out all of your grenades and throw them at that demon. Jasmine you just shoot that demon in the eyes and I will throw grenades at his head. So Jasmine shot at his eyes and then he became blind while I climbed to the top of Mt. Demon, Jake was throwing grenades at the demon. I was on the top feeling like I could take on anything in this world when I heard someone saying,” Wake up Thomas you are going to be late for school, and stop dreaming about being a hero.” That was my mom.