THE LOCKER | Teen Ink

THE LOCKER

The summer is over and the 1st day of school has now started. Charlie came from another state called Louisiana and has a strong accent and kids and teachers can’t understand him as much. Ms. Smith is Charles new teacher. Every kid has their own lockers inside the classrooms and Mrs. Smith showed him where his has been. Charlie’s locker was the last one in their classroom. It’s time for lunch time and all the kids have left. Charlie was the last one to leave, and the last one to wait in the classroom. Charlie was trying to look for his lunch sack hat his mom made for him. He really wanted the lunch bag because he doesn’t like the food from the cafeteria, and he liked all the stuff his mom gave him, like a sandwich bottle of milk and some chocolate chips cookies. He looked everywhere for his lunch sack, He heard a weird noise in his locker, He went walking slowly to the locker, he had his hands on the locker door, He was so scared to open the door. He didn’t care about the lunch sack anymore, He had forgotten all about it. He took a deep breath and he open the door as quick as he could. He didn’t believe his eyes when he saw a figure in the darkness of the locker and he was so shocked that he just stood there. He screamed so loud that the teachers and students at lunch time heard it and ran straight to the door, But as soon as they came in, Charlie was already gone.