One Thought, A Million Outcomes | Teen Ink

One Thought, A Million Outcomes

By m0relia227 BRONZE, Inglewood, California
m0relia227 BRONZE, Inglewood, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
- Martin Luther King Jr

Why is it that we as a human race are so impulsive in the dark, more specifically at night? Sex, drugs, suicide, love, calls, texts, worship. I mean all of this is so much simpler at night. It’s funny it’s almost as if the dark was the superhero and us, our own villains. Every day we constantly think too much, so much so that it’s our own corruption. But, when everything goes dark, when the light begins to fade, we emerge out of a mold that we ourselves created. We break free and no one really knows what happens next. We gain so much power so much bravery, like fearless beasts. If you think about it, we react in a way that is unnatural. See because, at night everything changes, no one really cares, most people seek companionship and will do anything to obtain it, even if it’s falsified. At night we morph into unknown creatures, something uncommon. But why do we do this? Why do we become someone else? Is it because we know that no one will judge us, no one will tell us we’re doing wrong. Maybe it’s truly us but we’ve pretended, feigned for so long that somewhere along the way we lost ourselves.

This happened somewhere around 10-12om on the night of 10/12/18, enjoy it!