Can Money Buy Happiness? | Teen Ink

Can Money Buy Happiness?

By khadijahregister24 BRONZE, Manchester, Connecticut
khadijahregister24 BRONZE, Manchester, Connecticut

Even for the people who might be sad, or heartbroken or alone, money can be the answer. Your problems, whether big or small, can be fixed with money. If you're stressed out about paying bills/ living status you would want and need the money for that. If you are sick and your insurance can’t cover it, you would need money for that. These are just two examples of how money can help. In the article written by the University of Nebraska,  it stated that “Money is important to happiness. Ask anyone who doesn’t have it. Having a higher income, for example, can give us access to homes in safer neighborhoods, better health care and nutrition, fulfilling work.” This access is necessary to satisfy people's needs and it builds them to get their dream home, better cars they enjoy driving. 

Entertainment comes in so many different forms, companionship, travel, visual stimulation, etc. All of these things require money. And if you don't have money you can't experience any of those things. Traveling and making memories can lead to happiness, including money. Another quote from ‘Can money buy happiness’ written by the university of Nebraska, it stated ‘One reason is that we often share experiential purchases with other people. Even when you’ve driven that new car into the ground, you’ll still be telling stories with your family and friends about that time when you went on vacation to Colorado and you’ll even be chuckling about when the car broke down and you had to spend the night in the shady motel’

Even if that wasn't a good night or you have  

Money can lead to satisfaction in life if you use it correctly and make long term memories like traveling and experiencing things you’ve never seen, And your money is all a part of that.