You know that I'm no good | Teen Ink

You know that I'm no good

By pageturner PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
pageturner PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

It's okay to daydream.. just as long as you get to do some of those daydreams.

The woman whom the whole world knew was a great singer told everyone that she was no good. Now, unfortunately, she’s gone. Amy Winehouse was someone who left behind a great legacy at the age of 27, with her two albums: Frank and Back to Black. Starting her career at 18, she had song about love, loss, and messing up your life; all with a soulful voice. Like other singers who died at 27; such as Janis Joplin, she led of life that was “no good”. For the final five years of her life, Amy’s career and life was being destroyed by her addiction to drugs and drinking. Amy was said to have lead a pathway for female singers; such as Adele, Duffy, Lily Allen, Lady Gaga; who weren’t considered the norm. On Youtube alone there are hundreds of fans who did covers of her songs. To her fans she wasn’t known for her brushes with the paparazzi, but for her incredible talent. The world has lost a great talent, but I doubt anyone will forget Amy Winehouse.

Amy Winehouse was an extremely talented and troubled singer. I doubt that anyone will be able to forget her.