A Dead Dream | Teen Ink

A Dead Dream

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

I'm stuck inside the dream of my predator. He awaits to come across me in this dream land, he slowly stalks me. Every breath he takes makes me shiver, shutter, and break. Hairline cracks form on my skin and I'm about to shatter. He wants me, in body and soul. To touch me, to feel me quiver. I don't want his hands on me, to feel his sin sink in and consume me.
He'll destroy me.
I'm running through a field but the corn stalks are made of glass and they cut me, nearly splitting me into two. I fear his presence, his black eyes seeking mine.
His hands brush my body and I go limb. Glass shatters and hearts explode in a desperate moment to get away.
But he consumes me.
He Wants me, more than anything. I'm sucked into his being, into his madness. His lips, sinful and sour brush my lips and his tongue finds my face. He's a demon, a monster. I'm paralyzed and terrified and I cannot escape him.
"You are mine..."
His poison drips into my mouth and I'm forced to swallow a sea of darkness.
I lay into him.
And he knows he has won...

This girl lives inside the world of her bully and he consumes her.