The Explorers Club | Teen Ink

The Explorers Club MAG

About three years ago I found a great way to have fun and work with the community. I joined the Police Explorers, an organization affiliated with the town police department and sponsored by the local Boy Scout chapter. Anyone, male or female, over 14 can be a member.

I joined to learn more about careers in law enforcement, but I learned much more. Through working with the community, I gained valuable skills to deal with the public and maturely handle myself in severe situations including accident scenes or drug interdiction stops. Communicating with individuals has helped me develop a sense of pride for my town.

The Explorers is a great way to find a hidden interest and develop that interest into a possible lifetime career. In the fall, I plan to attend a four-year college where I will double major in Criminal Justice and Business Administration. With the help of my community and the inspiration of the members of the town police department, after finishing college I plan to pursue a career in law enforcement as either a town officer or a state trooper. fl