Let's Talk About Climate Change | Teen Ink

Let's Talk About Climate Change

April 11, 2019
By Anonymous

Former president of the United States, Barack Obama once said "There's one issue that will define the contours of this century more dramatically than any other, and that is the urgent threat of a changing climate." However, in the current state of things, most people tend to push away the topic of climate change and pay no attention whatsoever to the troubles it can bring to our planet in 2019. By now, people have already heard of some effects of global warming, and hopefully, the main causes. There's no doubt that in some cases, we may not be able to help reduce the natural causes that effect the changing climate. For example, we would not be able to lessen the cause of volcanic eruptions, the  way the sun rotates which is prone to the change in intenisty of sunlight, or greenhouse gases. Though, we may not be able to stop the natural causes of global warming, but the way us humans have our influence on the changing climate, can defienetly be altered. Industries that cause air pollution are, dye industries, mining and ore processing, production manufacturing, and etc. The usage of these chemicals in these industries have been a huge contributor to climate change, because of the amount of pollution it has caused. Another human influential cause is deforstation. "Deforestation is the second leading cause of global warming and produces about 24% of global greenhouse gas edmission." In places like Brazil, or basically any place with deforstation in tropical rainforests tend to release more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. According to Stephanie Pappas, a Live Science contributor, "The level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere today is likely higher than it has been anytime in the past 3 million years." Hearning that might make you wonder what we have in store for the future of our planet. Global warming is something that many people need to be speaking about, and not just to yourself. Mention it to your friends, family, or teachers. Knowing what's at risk for our planet might just give you a chance to save it.