Meaning of Life | Teen Ink

Meaning of Life

August 18, 2012
By Anonymous

Sharks are beasts and every beast has a predator. In this case that predator is us, why is that so bad? A shark never thinks twice about eating a fish, or a human for that matter. Sharks never regret eating one of us, why is it that we feel guilty about killing an animal when they killed us without remorse before? Because we have moral. That what makes us a superior species. We know if something is right or if something is wrong. We have a sense of dignity and pride, that’s what makes us superior. Sharks have no moral; they have to do what they have to do to survive. For them it’s not a matter of principal. It’s simply a matter of survival. Sometimes human don’t have moral either. Sometimes human do bad things so we lock them away. But do we kill them? No. Do we lock them away before they’ve done anything? No. Do we lock them away because they threaten us? No. The other reason why humans are superior is that we have a great sense to adapt. Instead of taking generations to adapt to a new predator or climate, we have the amazing ability to adapt now. That’s why the human race has outlived others, because they haven’t lost thousands of lives over the generations during the period when we adapt. One of the many adaption’s we have made is our brains have become smarter and smarter though the generations. Another reason why we’re superior is that we have a sense of creativity that no other race has. This lets us have new ideas which we can use to further our already blossoming knowledge of the universe and its surroundings. That’s why we are a superior species. But with great ability comes even greater flaws. Vanity and selfishness for one. Boasting and studying because you are trying to outdo a person rather than further your knowledge for the good of you and every ones around you. As a saying goes: Some people are funny, they spend lots of money they don’t have, to buy things that you don’t need, to impress people they don’t like. That’s another, and possibly the greatest human flaw: Competitiveness. Humans may be a superior race but that doesn’t mean that we’re perfect: Nothing in this world is ever perfect. And that is the meaning of life. Not only to have the nearest to perfect life possible but to make sure that others, loved ones and strangers alike, have an almost perfect life too.


The author's comments:
I'm sorry it's a bit random, I'll explain my train of thought. First, whether or not it's OK to kill sharks because they kill people. Second, why we're a superior species and last my version of the meaning of life.