Animal Testing: The Horror Behind the Product | Teen Ink

Animal Testing: The Horror Behind the Product

By CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky

" When you Grow Up, Your Heart Dies."- Ally Sheedy ( The Breakfast Club, 1985)

“And in the end, we were all just humans.. drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.”

"Groovy Like a Drive In movie"

What do you think about when you buy a bottle of shampoo? Do you think about it's price? It's quality? It's Smell? Maybe you don't think about anything and you just go grab one. I mean, Its just shampoo right?
If any of those scenario's apply to you, Then you really need to read this article, when you finish you might just be shocked,disgusted and ready for change.

What a lot of people don't know is that some of the shampoo's that they use is actually tested on animals. Yeah, that's right there's a possibility that the shampoo you use everyday is tested on animals.

Animal testing is a topic that a lot of people don't really know about, and even if they have heard about it they don't know of the torture that those animals go through everyday.

Imagine, a rabbit being force fed Chemicals, having them dropped into their eyes, being shaved, being burnt and being the subject of many more cruel experiments.

That's a horrifying thing to imagine right?
It's sad, and its wrong. But it still happens, Everyday thousands of animals are tortured and killed. And for what? Shampoo and Make ups? This is the ugly truth that is behind many beauty products on the shelves today. This is the ugly truth that is kept hidden. This is real.

But, there are Shampoos and beauty products out there that are against animal testing.
the company's that sell these products use alternative testing methods that do not involve animals, such as using safe ingredients that require no testing.

Theses shampoos and makeups are good in quality, and affordable. So everyone should be able to use them. And you can find these amazing products anywhere! Just read on the back of the bottle or package and see if it is animal cruelty free. You can also join an animal rights group, Like the Humane Society.

These simple and easy steps can save Innocent animals lives, and hopefully put an end to the cruelty and horror of Animal Testing.