Is the Blanket of Earth, Garbage | Teen Ink

Is the Blanket of Earth, Garbage

By Psquared GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York
Psquared GOLD, Poughkeepsie, New York

If you want it, Go get it, no matter what it is in the way or the sacrifice for it.

We live in an age and society that it seems that the Earth is covered in Garbage. All caused by people that have no respect or don’t care about the World we live in. It is polluted and will get worst if people will continue to be careless and not cautious of our environment.

Definition of Global Warming: a gradual increase in the overall temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere generally attributed to the greenhouse effect caused by increased levels of Carbon Dioxide, Chlorofluorocarbons, and other pollutants.

By factories being placed, some use gases that pollute the air and block heat in the Earth when heat is supposed to be flowing in and out of the Earth’s atmosphere. The causes of that is factories, cars, and a little bit of littering because when the garbage is there for a while it starts to decompose and the gases from the decomposition process rises up and damages the atmosphere. The gases that cause Global Warming are water vapor, Carbon Dioxide, Methane, Ozone, and Nitrogen. Mostly from cars and factories. Through Global Warming affecting the temperature by 1 degree Fahrenheit, I have concluded in my science that if this continues at one point there will be no such thing as “snow” in the far future.

Another big part of pollution is plastic bottles. Plastic bottles are supposed to be containers for liquids or gases that when empty, can be reused or recycled, but people obviously don’t care because there are about 270,000 tons of plastic bottles in the World’s oceans. According to postconsumers.com the average amount of years it takes plastic bottles to decompose is at least 450 years. This most definitely pollutes the ground and airs, even making plastic bottles definitely pollute the air too!

People are being careless about this littering problem. Water levels are getting higher because of pollution in the air by melting the ice in the North and South Pole. Global warming is doing its job, but are we doing ours.

Pollution is a bad thing now because the effect of that has begun. We can’t change the world at the same time in an instant, but we can influence them to stop littering and polluting the air and the ground so that we can keep a good Earth. Let’s be the difference and influence not littering. 

Everywere I go, I see Garbage.