SPREAD THE WORD ON VAPING | Teen Ink

SPREAD THE WORD ON VAPING

By NateNeufer BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
NateNeufer BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

John is a 17-year-old that loves to vape. Just recently, he was put in the hospital due to a vaping related injury. This story is becoming more and more common across the United States. Who’s responsible? More people are getting sick from vaping every day. 
        Some say that the people who are responsible are the people who chose to do it. I think different. The suppliers are the one who are responsible for the 800+ people that are sick in US, the 27.5% of high school students who vape, and last, the 15 deaths. 
        The thing is that people argue that smoking and vaping is not harmful, and no one is responsible, but if the government can ban vaping then why is it not banned yet? People said, “Wait, don’t do it yet!” So now you have to wait until 2022, but you know how many deaths there are going to be by then? I don’t even want to know. Vaping can cause Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS). One of the biggest causes is the Vitamin E Acetate, it’s like putting Vaseline in your lungs. 
         Guess what? The thing that’s also not helping is they are making flavors which are attracting teens, because people are also posting on social media how good they taste. The craziest thing is vaping is putting nickel, tin, lead, benzene, and ultra-fine particles deep into your lungs causing people to drown on this stuff! This is important because if we want this to stop then we need to start spreading the word and telling everyone we know that vapes or smokes -- to stop and tell them why. 

My name is Nate. I'm 13 I live in Pennsylvania and I'm in 8th grade.