Who is Responsible? | Teen Ink

Who is Responsible?

By Chloiebell BRONZE, Linden, Pennsylvania
Chloiebell BRONZE, Linden, Pennsylvania

You can find light on the darkest days, just look up

Who Is Responsible?

Imagine, you are a parent sitting in the waiting room of a hospital, waiting to hear the news about your child- not knowing if they will be okay. Our generation is dying due to vaping, but who is responsible for 13 deaths and growing, 800 plus cases, and no cure? The public is looking for answers. What do we tell them, what can we do?

27.5% of high schoolers vape. Most of them will end up hospitalized. Vaping causes strokes and high blood pressure, not to mention all the deadly products in vapes. There are 40 million users worldwide; 40 million people putting benzene, nicotine, ultra -fine particles, and Vitamin E acetate into their lungs. You are filling your lungs with a vaseline type liquid.

Some may argue, that it helps them quit smoking, that it’s a better alternative. That may be true in some cases, but it’s been proven that vaping is more addictive than cigarettes. There are 20 cigarettes worth of nicotine in just one Juul pod! With knowing all of this, it’s crazy that it’s legal to sell to teens, it’s crazy that there are no regulations!

So, I ask you, who is responsible? Everyone is; a teen can be convinced by anyone to vape. We are looking for answers, we are looking for a cure, we are looking for everyone to stop the deaths. There is hope. We just need to inform people about the dangers of vaping. Then they will know, that’s how we’ll help.